Gibson Brands Forums

Any way to put a Killswitch in a 08 LP Studio?

Boxenstien

You can suck it' date=' buddy.

[/quote']

Wow I simply can't resist ...this doesn't get edited by a mod but me asking nicely to please leave the negative criticisms at the door gets edited out of my post.

Tell ya what HiLifeRocker (awesome handle by the way - *Sarcasm alert*)

Perhaps boxenstein wants the ability to make crazy sounding noises whenever he wants. Why on earth do you care how he does it?

You don't need to be jerk about it....jeez. Don't assume everyone wants to play the same music as you.

mcmurray - oh really? missing the point? Why didn't the OP state he wanted it for "tricks" not noise reduction' date=' etc. ??

My mind reading skills are rusty. BTW, I listened to that track - wow, about 8 seconds of it uses the switch! Listen & learn you say to me? You can suck it, buddy. I'll put my lead playing up against yours any day. I don't need to learn any gimmicks, let alone at your instruction.

I'm more traditional than wanting to modify a Les Paul to do a "gimmick lick/effect". OP - Tell me, after modding your Les Paul - how many times will you *really* want to use this effect?

[/quote']

d-d-d-d-d-d-******bag!!

I'm more traditional than wanting to modify a Les Paul to do a "gimmick lick/effect". OP - Tell me' date=' after modding your Les Paul - how many times will you *really* want to use this effect?[/quote']

LOL! Believe me, you don't need to waste your time telling us how traditional you are. It pretty much goes without saying for 90% of the people I've seen on this forum that if it isn't Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, or Hendrix then it's completely worthless.

What could he possibly do with this stupid gimmick effect? Maybe play a little lick once or twice, right? That's about it. Well, then again, about 2/5's of Buckethead's catalog uses a killswitch. Maybe he could play that if he wanted. But that's it...Well, come to think of it there's probably a few other stupid things he could learn to do with it. Ever heard of Rage Against The Machine? Tom Morello uses a killswitch effect to get a lot of his signature sounds. But except for all that gimmicky bullshit it's totally worthless. Except if he wanted to mess around with it and try to create something unique that he could be proud of. Just maybe.

You're an idiot.

Being innovative is not a gimmick.

ShredAstaire - wow, your name is SO funny and original. You can ryhme - good for you! FAIL.

mcmurray - I stated clearly that the OP did NOT MAKE CLEAR he wanted the killswitch to do Buckethead licks or Rage licks. Look at Thundergod's post. He took it the same way. Tazzboy too. You decided to instruct me to "listen and learn", which I objected to and flamed you as a result. I never assaulted/flamed the OP - I asked him a question. I don't have an issue with whatever he wants to do to his guitar. I took issue with your "watch & learn" comment. That's it.

^ this guy is funny AND angry at the same time.

He's also internet savvy - look at his amazing use of the term "FAIL".....brilliant. Please don't say "EPIC" next.

So yeah...you made assumptions on why he wanted a killswitch and you didn't bother to ask for clarification. That's your "fail"....not mcmurray's. Methinks you overreacted to a simple comment "Watch and learn".....time to get over yourself pal.

Though, I suppose I was wrong to poke fun at your name. I always thought mine was quite clever lol!

ShredAstaire - wow' date=' your name is SO funny and original. You can ryhme - good for you! FAIL.

mcmurray - I stated clearly that the OP did NOT MAKE CLEAR he wanted the killswitch to do Buckethead licks or Rage licks. Look at Thundergod's post. He took it the same way. Tazzboy too. You decided to instruct me to "listen and learn", which I objected to and flamed you as a result. I never assaulted/flamed the OP - I asked him a question. I don't have an issue with whatever he wants to do to his guitar. I took issue with your "watch & learn" comment. That's it. [/quote']

What about the post when the OP said he wanted to do Buckethead tricks? You flamed people after reading that. Who's "Tazzboy"?

ShredAstaire - wow' date=' your name is SO funny and original. You can ryhme - good for you! FAIL.

mcmurray - I stated clearly that the OP did NOT MAKE CLEAR he wanted the killswitch to do Buckethead licks or Rage licks. Look at Thundergod's post. He took it the same way. Tazzboy too. You decided to instruct me to "listen and learn", which I objected to and flamed you as a result. I never assaulted/flamed the OP - I asked him a question. I don't have an issue with whatever he wants to do to his guitar. I took issue with your "watch & learn" comment. That's it. [/quote']

Kiss me? :D/

Look at Thundergod's post. He took it the same way. Tazzboy too. You decided to instruct me to "listen and learn"' date=' which I objected to and flamed you as a result. I never assaulted/flamed the OP - I asked him a question. I don't have an issue with whatever he wants to do to his guitar. I took issue with your "watch & learn" comment. That's it. [/quote']

"listen and learn" wasn't meant to be condescending, sorry if it came across that way, I probably could have worded it better. It was more along the lines of - "you guys are missing the point and here's what the OP was talking about".

Anyway, that kill-pot I linked to is a pretty awesome bit of kit. Finding a seller that will ship outside the EU is proving to be a bit of a mission though.

Archived