Gibson Brands Forums

Need some info on this SG

Lucky One

ballpark ...........being broke an all.........$1850. ...........get other est

................$18' date='000 to $25,000 unbroken ......acording to a vintage site [/quote']Actually? This guitar, in it's current condition, is probably worth about $14-$18,000. My uncle's vintage '61 looks like HELL, and it's worth between $17,500-$25,000, so this one (being newer) is naturally going to be worth less, unless it was onece owned by Angus Young, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Actually? This guitar' date=' in it's current condition, is probably worth about $14-$18,000. My uncle's vintage '61 looks like HELL, and it's worth between $17,500-$25,000, so this one (being newer) is naturally going to be worth less, unless it was onece owned by Angus Young, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

[/quote']

Thanks Rockstar now if i could just find someone to buy it for that

I would feel lucky but at the same time I'd feel guilty.

Not me. We study this stuff for hours, days, weeks, years, decades.

Being knowledgable about certain things, and knowing what you are looking at isn't luck.

It's planning.

Woah woah woah, sell it? Are you crazy!??!? The way the markey is right now, no way in hell are you going to sell this at a good price. Hell keep it, play the hell out of it, its one hell of guitar and its not worth being in some rich guys "guitar room" and being picked up once a month.

Woah woah woah' date=' sell it? Are you crazy!??!? The way the markey is right now, no way in hell are you going to sell this at a good price. Hell keep it, play the hell out of it, its one hell of guitar and its not worth being in some rich guys "guitar room" and being picked up once a month. [/quote']

The only mention of the word "sell," until I wrote this, was in your post.

Other than that neck issue, though, this guitar looks to be in mint condition... there aren't even any headstock chips, and that seems to be the first thing to happen to Gibsons, with those points and all.

I got it at a yard sale ' date=',No Lie serial #269291 there is some neck Damage Ive been told its a 65 Standard Just wanted to confirm and possibly find out an Approximate Value thank you in advance for any help[/quote']

If it's a '65 and it looks like it is, actual value is anywhere from $6,000 — $18,000.00. However, if the neck's been broken, even if professionally repaired, that's gonna reduce the value substantially.

See for yourself:

http://www.gbase.com/stores/gear/gearlist.aspx?gs=y&keyword=1965+sg+standard

Nice find. :D/

Archived