Gibson Brands Forums

If it's too good to be true? It probably is.............

oo0paddyc0oo

Hi team,

Have a look at this website offering Gibsons at crazy prices. I found it whilst googleing vintage guitars for sale in Cairns.

Remember it is an Australian website so the prices are in AUSD. I've emailed "musicalessentials" to find out how they can offer the Gibo's at such crazy prices.

God I hope it is legit.

:-

The studio has a custom certificate of authenticity sitting on it in the case and the case itself looks like a Gibson case.

Its also got sg robots listed. They would be hard to fake. If they were to put all the "robot parts" on them that is.

The 2005 fender custom built telecaster looks to have a strat neck on it too.

Im feeling gipt.

Ok. So I just recieved an email back from the "hotmail" email address. As it turns out the prices are in USD. Here is what they had to say:

Hello Patrick,

The NEW 2008 Gibson ES-335 Vintage Burst(ORIGINAL USA) Guitar is available in brand new box with manuals,certificate and accessories.It is Original made in USA with last long warranty with hardcase.

2008 Gibson ES-335 Vintage Burst------------->> $950 USD

Shipping cost ------->> $80 USD

Total Cost----------->> $1030 USD

Why we are selling cheap is that we are having our annual sales promo of 30% discount off on any Gibson guitar been bought from us.

Payment is by International Money Transfer(Western Union) for fast shipment and to avoid delays in delivery.

Your order will be shipped out through FEDEX COURIER SERVICE and it will take the shipping company 48 hours to deliver your order right at your doorstep and we accept payment through wire transfer Western Union Only.

Immediately your package is been shipped out i will get back to you with the full shipping informations such as:

INVOICE

AIRWAY BILL

TRACKING NUMBER

This shipping informations will enable you to trace your package and make you confirm when your package will arrive your House Address.

Send us your full shipping address including your phone number for we to proceed on your order purchase and deliver.

Awaits your quick reply...

Bst Regards,

N.B: We are located in the Uk,all guitars bought will be shipped to your address by FedEx courier same day after your payment has been confirmed.

Darren Hallford

Sales Director

MUSIC EXPRESS LIMITED

52 Northgate Alconbury Airfield,

Huntingdon,

Cambridgeshire,

PE28 4EX. UK

TEL : +44 (0)702 406 6877

FAX : +44 (0)870 495 5814

E-MAIL : musicalessentials@hotmail.com

So I checked out the website. Its a bit dogy looking. However, at this stage I'm voting that we were all wrong and it is legit.

I bloody hope it is. $800.00 USD for a 335.....crazy!!!!

I dunno, that Black Beauty they have in the picture has the wrong tuners, everything else looks legit...I dunno, for a cat named Darren, his Grip of the English Language is pretty dodgy, I'd be careful dude, betcha you don't get what's pictured.

$800.00 USD for a 335.....crazy!!!!

Now' date=' remember...you SAID it was crazy. You SAID it was too good to be true. And here you are talking yourself into droppin' coinage on this "too good to be true, crazy" deal. [img']http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/diggin_smilie.gif[/img] ](*,)

• 1 month later...

hello all , I also came upon music essentials, I rang they guy, his name was darren, he did not sound english, he sounded Arabic, I asked him about a Gibson custom 1959 reissue 2004 model brand new for Aus $ 1,500 + $80 postage to Australia, is sounded to good to be true, I was seriously thinking about it, he wanted me to deposit the money via western union, one would think that you would pay direct into his company, he told me he was having a 50% sale , I found through a site advertising in the Northern territory Australia, be ware, does not sound right.

Anyone else with any other information please post!

Man those things are fake.. stay away from them.

Did I say those things are fake and to stay away from them?[biggrin]

A "Business" with a Hot Mail address .....[biggrin]

Alow me to quote you[biggrin]

They cant even write correctly, why should you trust them to be english?

People from the USA often can't even write their own name, but brits can write and the mail he sent you doesnt "sound" british to me.

Stay away from those guitars! Buy from an authorized dealer only: go to gibson.com and search that guy's store in the dealers section. Is he there?

Did I tell you to stay away from those guitars! and Buy from an authorized gibson dealer only already?

By the way, wolcome to the forum.

Archived