Gibson Brands Forums

I think I'm getting a Marshall...

Thundergod

Thats so hair band / 80's with the stack

Although it does look impressive standing behind you..... Luv my 5150 Stack w Marshall 1960 A/B's

Is it rude to mention "Hair Band" since TG shaved his hair off? Oh perhaps he can buy a wig and in fact he can get one that looks like slash and then buy the slash sig model Marshall.

You couldn't go wrong getting a 2204 reissue,I have a JCM 800 2204 and it screams and tames down nicely for clean playing.If you could find a used JCM 800 4210 combo you'd be getting a great amp,it has a footswitchable overdrive channel and you can get them on EBay pretty cheap.If you want new the Haze is great.

I'm not sure what's available south of the border, used or "vintage".

JCM 900 SLX is a killer amp used.

New JVM 410-H or 210-H are the deal. They also come in combo's which are suffixed by a - C.

Vintage Modern is also a great choice.

voiced like a jcm900.

The only problem with the Haze is you have to like the sound of a JCM 900.

Vintage Modern (50 or 100), JVM410 does have a bunch of buttons, but is actually easier to control, since there are no sharing of controls, the JCM2000 DSL50 (or 100) just kicks butt, A JCM800 on steroids.

It was a very tight race between the VM and the JVM for me. Unfortunately, the DSL was not available in a 2x12 combo, which is what I am limited to for space reasons, but in the end the JVM was able to give me everything the VM could and then some, vintage plexi to modern high gain.

Don't by new. Find a JMP or an 800 on ebay or somewhere. If your gonna go Marshall do it right. If you want a New amp buy something else you can get a better deal on something else. As well do yourself a favor and get a 50 watt if you get a Marshall.

Absolutely, I was able to score my 410 for a song on eBay. Floor model, with full factory warranty. They are out there. I found a place in Cali and a place in Maine that were selling them for well under normal list.

I'm not sure what's available south of the border' date=' used or "vintage".

JCM 900 SLX is a killer amp used.

New JVM 410-H or 210-H are the deal. They also come in combo's which are suffixed by a - C.

Vintage Modern is also a great choice. [/quote']

I'll admit I almost got a 900 when I was looking to step away from my JCM800 head. The thing that was cool about the 900 SLX was that it was like an 800, but with a harsher distorted channel to it. The downside that I found with it was that it was tough for me to dial in a clean and dirty channel that I liked. I have to admit I really like dual channel amps with seperate eq for each channel. The 900 was basically the 800 they made for a few years with two channels.

I'm with the other people on the board though that mentioned the DSL2000 deal going where you get the head and cab for 1200. That's a killer deal, and a great head. If I didn't get the 30th anniversary head that I have now, I would have went with that.

Those Haze amps though...no thanks. I've spent some time messing with them and uhm, no thanks. Marshall dabbling with digital effects on a tube amp will take them a few more years to get right.

Archived