Gibson Brands Forums

Knobs

SG dude

Hey guys! i was just wondering, what is you favourite kind of knob (you know, for volume and tone) I have played a variety, which probably extends to about 4 different kinds and i have come to the conclusion that i love the old black Witch hat knobs with the Silver tops on my SG because, personally i think,

1) they look the best

2) they are MUCH easier to read, and

3) They are much easier to roll with, as they just feel better!

Whats your preference?? any reasons?

here's a knob-related question: if you get the "pointer" washers, do you still need the other washer under the nut, or do you just need one or the other? If you use both, which goes on the bottom? Just asking because on my SG supreme washers were added and one knob seems to be rubbing against the pointer.

here's a knob-related question: if you get the "pointer" washers' date=' do you still need the other washer under the nut, or do you just need one or the other? If you use both, which goes on the bottom? Just asking because on my SG supreme washers were added and one knob seems to be rubbing against the pointer.[/quote']

Tbone, I'd guess that the pointer would go under the nut as if it were a washer. I really haven't seen the pointer things but I suspect that it a kinda washer with a pointer thing on one side or something.

How's that for being specific?

BTY, what model is your blue SG?... nam nam nam...

Tbone' date=' I'd guess that the pointer would go under the nut as if it were a washer. I really haven't seen the pointer things but I suspect that it a kinda washer with a pointer thing on one side or something.

How's that for being specific?

BTY, what model is your blue SG?... nam nam nam...[/quote'] that's what I thought. I think I'm going to take them off, as I always have trouble poking myself on those things.

Anyway, the Blue SG is a 2002 Gibson SG Supreme. it has a flamed maple top (but not carved like the current super special SGs), 57 classic humbuckers, 24 fret ebony fretboard, and just a lot of cool bling.

white speed knobs are easily my favorite. Theyre easier to use than top hat knobs IMO and theyre easier to read

guitar2.jpg

Man, I really dig the two tone color scheme of you SG. Where did you find white speed knobs? I am speed knob guy too, but I am looking for silver ones to match the brushed silver hardware on mine.

Man' date=' I really dig the two tone color scheme of you SG. Where did you find white speed knobs? I am speed knob guy too, but I am looking for silver ones to match the brushed silver hardware on mine.[/quote']

Ebay my friend. They have everything you could ever need/want. I actually modded the SG to look like a Guitar Hero guitar. I thought it was something unique that I haven't seen anyone actually do yet.

:-sI prefer the look of the top hat knobs, but the functionality of the speed knob. In my style of playing I really dont fluctuate the guitar volume during the middle of playing. If I were to do that I would use a volume pedal anyway. In my opinion, if you play with the volume knob during song play then opt for the speed knob, if not choose whatever looks best to you.

Archived