Gibson Brands Forums

Best guitar playing in a movie.

GibsonByBirth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you agree that this is the best guitar playing in a movie? Who has learned to play the winning guitar solo in the duel in crossroads?

If you have not seen the movie or need a refresher' date=' click the "crossroads" link in the first post.[/quote']

Well, I watched the clip and saw a bunch of folks doing their best to make guitar-faces, but it didn't look like Chickenboy was doing his own wanking, so I don't think it counts as playing.

Well' date=' I watched the clip and saw a bunch of folks doing their best to make guitar-faces, but it didn't look like Chickenboy was doing his own wanking, so I don't think it counts as playing.[/quote']

Ry Cooder played Ralph Machio's parts.

I think Cross roads was an excellent movie. It's a twist on the classic blues man goes to the cross roads and makes a pact with the devil. Truly a classic movie for guitar lovers.

If you have not seen it you really should take the time just for the fun of it.

You folks have unbelievable "sticktoitiveness".... I couldn't sit thru roadhouse to wait for Healy's work..

Kinda' like the stuff in La Bamba..

Brian Setzer...Playing Eddie Cochran

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

And Los Lobos doing La Bamba.. (can't find the acoustic version from the "dance hall/wh0reh0use")..

So this is the version from the "Brooklyn Paramount"..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2HANwsUWg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Do you agree that this is the best guitar playing in a movie? Who has learned to play the winning guitar solo in the duel in crossroads?

If you have not seen the movie or need a refresher' date=' click the "crossroads" link in the first post.[/quote']

Yes I have seen the movie more times than I can count...Yes I agree it is the best. That was my point in saying thread over!!

Well' date=' I watched the clip and saw a bunch of folks doing their best to make guitar-faces, but it didn't look like Chickenboy was doing his own wanking, so I don't think it counts as playing.[/quote']

This was a movie. Not everything in a movie is real. Someone (I grant that it wasn't Ralph) had to play it and that solo is an ingenius original piece of work.

This thread was about the best guitar playing in a movie not was the movie good. Still I did like the movie.

Archived