Gibson Brands Forums

Best guitar playing in a movie.

GibsonByBirth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the Karate Kid playin' a Tele, how could you not like Joe Seneca's "Willie Brown"? He rattled of some of Hollywood's best insults in that movie. Not to mention the Soundtrack (which is all Ry Cooder). The version of "Viola Lee Blues" that plays while Willie's makin' his deal is spine chilling.

But I thought I was the only one who was mental over this movie? I EVEN BOUGHT THE RE-ISSUE, jeez I had it on vhs for so long!!!! Hahahahaha,, gawd bless you guys.

Yes it is a little hokie in places, and I agree Senaca was brilliant... just a few tiny tiny things, a Tele has 21 frets not 24 and no you cannot karate your way outa that one, and Vai was FAR too good at making the "mistake". But SH1T them Crate amps sounded killer ;-)

All in all a great movie. I think I just may watch it for the millionth time this weekend.

+1' date='000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Alvin Lee made me want to pick up a guitar with "I'm Going Home."[/quote']

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

i hear one of thoose opening licks @ the end of the heartbreaker solo

and also in freebird for that matter

:) such a killer clip imo

But I thought I was the only one who was mental over this movie? I EVEN BOUGHT THE RE-ISSUE' date=' jeez I had it on vhs for so long!!!! Hahahahaha,, gawd bless you guys.

Yes it is a little hokie in places, and I agree Senaca was brilliant... just a few tiny tiny things, a Tele has 21 frets not 24 and no you cannot karate your way outa that one, and Vai was FAR too good at making the "mistake". But SH1T them Crate amps sounded killer ;-)

All in all a great movie. I think I just may watch it for the millionth time this weekend.[/quote']

Look a litle closer and you will see that they are carvin amps.

Anyway..Enough talking

Enjoy!!!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I think some people missed the point of crossroads. The whole movie is centered around the blues and yet there are countless youtubers out there that decided that the only part of the movie was Machio's neo-classical shreddy part that won him the duel

Just kinda bugs me :)

He rattled of some of Hollywood's best insults in that movie...

Nothing comes close to the insults spewing from the Drill Sargeant in "Full Metal Jacket". The Sgt was a real live Sgt, originally hired as a technical consultant. Hollyweird couldn't write it that good, so they cast him in the role. The Sgt. said he did not work from a script in the 'getting to know you' session. 15 straight minutes and not one repeated insult.

What was the name of that movie where the young widow takes time off with her friend to return to her dead husband's country of Scottland (or was it Ireland) and introduce herself to her in-laws for the first time? She meets a pub picker that plays that... by golly it was a black SJ200, if memory serves me.

What was the name of that movie?

I think some people missed the point of crossroads. The whole movie is centered around the blues and yet there are countless youtubers out there that decided that the only part of the movie was Machio's neo-classical shreddy part that one him the duel

Just kinda bugs me ;)

I think you missed the reason for their enthusiasm about that part. He is a classically trrained guitarist he learns the techniques of the blues from books and tapes. In his travels, he learns the blues in his heart by experiencing life. The classiically inspired blues solo is not only brilliant, it is the climax of the movie and represents him overcoming the demons that haunt the heart of a bluesman. It is him at his best.

Archived