Gibson Brands Forums

Speaking of Guitar Stands...

bbtop

I've always wondered... do the hang by the headstock type guitar holders add any unneeded stress to a guitar? I have both the sit in type stands and wall hanger types, but generally keep my "good guitars" in their cases. Any thoughts?

I've always wondered... do the hang by the headstock type guitar holders add any unneeded stress to a guitar? I have both the sit in type stands and wall hanger types' date=' but generally keep my "good guitars" in their cases. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Hanging by the neck types are, imNSho, are preferred. The lean them up only create stress when (notice I didn't say IF) they fall over.

Unless the guitar is defective, it doesn't hurt a bit

Mounting guitars to outside walls can be a problem though. Mostly with acoustics. Unless you have really good insulation, the temperature fluctuation is bad. Mount your guitars on walls facing the inside of the house to be safe.

Unless the guitar is defective' date=' it doesn't hurt a bit

Mounting guitars to outside walls can be a problem though. Mostly with acoustics. Unless you have really good insulation, the temperature fluctuation is bad. Mount your guitars on walls facing the inside of the house to be safe.[/quote']

Interesting. I had never considered that. Good advice.

Hi Everyone,

We just started making these hangers at www.wiamusic.com

gibsonandprs.jpg

They are made from water clear polycarbonate and are incredibly strong, we have a model for Gibson and SG types (the headstocks caused us a headache for a while).

I would appreciate any advise you can give as we're a new company in early developement, but the guitars look great hung by the strap buttons any angle!!

Thanks

Adrian

I've had my Gibson ES-330 and my MIJ-Faux-Fender-J-Bass hanging on the walls of my studio for at least 20 years with absolutely no problem.

If there was an issue, I think the guitar shops that specialize in collectors items wouldn't hang them on the wall.

Insights and incites by Notes

Hi Everyone' date='

[img']http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k114/awoodland71/gibsonandprs.jpg[/img]

They are made from water clear polycarbonate and are incredibly strong, we have a model for Gibson and SG types (the headstocks caused us a headache for a while).

I would appreciate any advise you can give as we're a new company in early developement, but the guitars look great hung by the strap buttons any angle!!

Thanks

Adrian

Do they work if the guitar has strap lock pegs?

Brilliant, Adrian!

I'll be placing an order for a couple of those. I have a sloping ceiling above my hifi/TV wall - being able to hang guitars there is going to be pretty rad!

Edit: Ordered two sets :-)

DJ

--

Archived