Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta Worry.

Andre S

So a friend and I went to talk the the vice principal at school and she in turn talked to the prinicipal ( she was easier to find) and he will tell us tomorrow if we have the auditorium every friday for guitar club. We also asked about a locked room for everyone to keep their gear in till the lunch time.

However I still don't feel comfortable leaving my gibson there for the day and it will be a slight bother to carry around to my different classes. I will leave my amp there but the guitar will be a problem and I really don't want it to get stolen (duh).

On the plus side we arranged for a drummer to come and play along on the school's drum kit, and we have at least 30 guitarists who usually come , but this time in an auditorium, where the capacity is 1500 ( around.)

It's always about something isn't it? By 1978 when I was in H.S. hair was a non-issue I had a ponytail almost to my belt and nobody cared except the football coach who groused all the time and told me I could not play with long hair even then until I said OK I'd rather surf anyway and the rules were changed. They required the ponytail to be inside of my uniform shirt and pads but that was all but I was still expelled twice for improper footwear and torn jeans.

Now it's ok too barely pull your pant's up if your a guy and girls barely cover their rear ends in school and corporate america still fights over tattoo's and piercing so who knows what's next?

Man... what a difference from when I was in high school.

This is what they did to me

Bredtruk.jpg

Dude!! I remember getting detention from the old "collar checks". I am VERY glad school has changed. If it was different maybe I would have stayed.

Brian

Dude!! I remember getting detention from the old "collar checks". I am VERY glad school has changed. If it was different maybe I would have stayed.

Brian

I started High School in Sept. 1963. We couldn't wear Levi's, HAD to wear a belt, no boots, we even had a girl who was forced to cut her hair!

By my Junior year, I ran into the trouble in the articles. I showed up the first day of school and was promptly kicked out. Was out for almost 2 months. The State of California pulled my theatrical permit, (necessary to be on stage after 10 PM when you're under 18), so I was forced to cut my hair, get back in school, and reapply for the permit.

But I learned that it's not what happens to you, but what you do about what happens to you that matters in this life.

Bob

Gee but you guys are young.... <grin>

Yeah, were today's local high school senior class to walk into the high school of my first two years, they'd all be sent home.

But then - so would all the teachers. <grin> That's both on clothing codes as well as hair.

As for the high school of my final two years - it was coat and tie daily, seven days a week. Nobody even thought about hair longer than a DA. And... if you don't know what a DA haircut is... <grin> Gee, you're young.

O tempora! O mores! ("Ah, the times, ah, the customs." Cicero)

m

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

The following year' date=' they suspended the "dress code!"

CB[/quote']

I think they suspended the dress code the same year as your school...but of course by then I was out of school!

Man...I sure hope you still have that Ric......

Bob

So a friend and I went to talk the the vice principal at school and she in turn talked to the prinicipal ( she was easier to find) and he will tell us tomorrow if we have the auditorium every friday for guitar club. We also asked about a locked room for everyone to keep their gear in till the lunch time.

However I still don't feel comfortable leaving my gibson there for the day and it will be a slight bother to carry around to my different classes. I will leave my amp there but the guitar will be a problem and I really don't want it to get stolen (duh).

On the plus side we arranged for a drummer to come and play along on the school's drum kit' date=' and we have at least 30 guitarists who usually come , but this time in an auditorium, where the capacity is 1500 ( around.)[/quote']

That's great about the size and turnout of the club. My son goes to small high school their club has around 6 or 7 players. They meet right after school, for an hour or so.

We had the same issue as you're having.

Our town has no school busses kids either walk/ride/skate/carpool or parents drive them to school. My wife usually drops off and picks up my son (we're about a mile away from the school).

I don't want to start a riot (not sure what your folks' situation is) but, based on the experiences of my older 2 sons sports equipment walking away from "locked rooms", we decided that we'd drop off his guitar and amp after school...

Archived