Gibson Brands Forums

Little Lanilei eBay Bound

Rocky4

Man that sucks' date=' you waited for so long and from what I remember you were prety excited about that little amp.

What are you buying instead?[/quote']

I was hoping for a decent low watt tube amp. I have a Fender Pro Jr that puts out 15 watts and I've played through 5 watt amps that were still pretty loud. My little $30 plastic Fender Tone King isn't bad for what it is, but it tips over all the time. I might have to check out a Blackheart Killer Ant. I'll never make the mistake of buying an amp without playing through it first. Some things sound real good on paper, but not in reality.

That sucks, not all boutique gear sounds boutique I guess, my concern with some brands that are advertised as such is that they are the ones saying their stuff is boutique.

Why not get the Vox AC4? it allows you to play 4w 1w and a fraction of 1w. I think they are making a version with a 8" now I personally would get the one with the 10" speaker.

The Bugera V5 has the same feature but it is not getting great reviews, it is cheaper though and has an 8" speaker, it does have room for a 10". This one has reverb.

Archived