Gibson Brands Forums

What is going on?

Silenced Fred

fanboys? there have always been fanboys here. we just like people like hendrix, page and bloomfield. why do we only label the supporters of musicians we do not like as fanboys? why does buckethead elicit such hatred from some of older members? i dont care for him, but it seems obvious to me that the man is talented. he's just not my cup-o-tea. to each his own, right?

as for the drama, i think if a few people would give it a rest the drama would subside. (see above)

fanboys? there have always been fanboys here. we just like people like hendrix' date=' page and bloomfield. why do we only label the supporters of musicians we do not like as fanboys? why does buckethead elicit such hatred from some of older members? i dont care for him, but it seems obvious to me that the man is talented. he's just not my cup-o-tea. to each his own, right?

as for the drama, i think if a few people would give it a rest the drama would subside. (see above)[/quote']

It is not liking someone that makes you a fanboy, it is making them infallable like the pope :-k

People feel the need to say that people who don't like said artist are obviously crazy

I don't like Buckethead, not a huge fan of Slash but I don't go around telling people who like them that they are wrong. I have listened to music from both and not for me. Slash is a great guitarist, I just don't like him that much. Same goes for Buckethead.

It just goes to show you, where you stand depends on where you sit :-

It is not liking someone that makes you a fanboy' date=' it is making them infallable like the pope :-k

People feel the need to say that people who don't like said artist are obviously crazy

I don't like Buckethead, not a huge fan of Slash but I don't go around telling people who like them that they are wrong. I have listened to music from both and not for me. Slash is a great guitarist, I just don't like him that much. Same goes for Buckethead.

It just goes to show you, where you stand depends on where you sit :- [/quote']

i agree with you, but obviously not everyone does. and i think with BH in particular, the younger fanbase gets more irritated because it's the older crowd telling them their music sucks. the irony is that parents said the same thing about our music in the 60s and 70s.

i agree with you' date=' but obviously not everyone does. and i think with BH in particular, the younger fanbase gets more irritated because it's the older crowd telling them their music sucks. the irony is that parents said the same thing about our music in the 60s and 70s.

[/quote']

:-k

It is a vicious cycle!

Damn kids :-

fanboys? there have always been fanboys here. we just like people like hendrix' date=' page and bloomfield. why do we only label the supporters of musicians we do not like as fanboys? why does buckethead elicit such hatred from some of older members? i dont care for him, but it seems obvious to me that the man is talented. he's just not my cup-o-tea. to each his own, right?

as for the drama, i think if a few people would give it a rest the drama would subside. (see above)[/quote']

Well said sir. What's funny is that its not the Buckethead fans starting the threads....

fanboys > trolls

Fanboy is a stupid word. It's childish and not clever in the slightest.

Agree 100% the word 'Fanboy" is by far the dumbest word ever typed or spoken.

When i see someone use the word i know what im dealing with .....thats right a "Idiot" [biggrin]

But the topic creator is right to some degree..seems like most of the older crowd think all the dead guitarists are the best and can never be outdone...sad really.

Agree 100% the word 'Fanboy" is by far the dumbest word ever typed or spoken.

When i see someone use the word i know what im dealing with .....thats right a "Idiot" [biggrin]

But the topic creator is right to some degree..seems like most of the older crowd think all the dead guitarists are the best and can never be outdone...sad really.

Who does this guy think he is?

He justt joined and hes saying things like he owns the place.

Look dont say **** intill you feel the forum mmk?

Who does this guy think he is?

He justt joined and hes saying things like he owns the place.

Look dont say **** intill you feel the forum mmk?

Noobs are more than welcome to pop in at any time...... You don't own this forum kind sir[cool]

Noobs are more than welcome to pop in at any time...... You don't own this forum kind sir[cool]

Are you sure?

Im postive that tip i sent you in paypal came?

Nah im jk.

Though you gota give the noobs a hard time or they will turn into me.

We dont want a other me.

Are you sure?

Im postive that tip i sent you in paypal came?

Nah im jk.

Though you gota give the noobs a hard time or they will turn into me.

We dont want a other me.

LMAO[biggrin] .......... My friend you are out there somewhere beyond the ionosphere.[biggrin]

Archived