Gibson Brands Forums

I Need Some Inspiration. Help Please.

slashadler

Even though I find him to be a snivelling egotistical prat - there is no denying John Mayer's musical talent. I always zone out and cannot resist jamming along to him whenever I put his music on.

Same for Zakk Wylde's Book of Shadows album. Great stuff and inspirational ta boot. :-

Give 'em a go...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though I find him to be a snivelling egotistical prat - there is no denying John Mayer's musical talent. I always zone out and cannot resist jamming along to him whenever I put his music on.

Same for Zakk Wylde's Book of Shadows album. Great stuff and inspirational ta boot. :-

Give 'em a go...

I've listened to John Mayer's music before and it is pretty good, I'll have to take another listen.

The main issue I have with Mayer is that he's not in it for the right reasons. He's said before that the only reason he does this is so college girls will sleep with him.

Imagine what the man could do if he wrote music for the sake of music.

Like I said muzza' date='I can't stand a bar of the bloke personality wise and don't need to. He'd be the type of bloke who would more than likely get a smack in the mouth in the pub for shooting his mouth off.

Anyways,still dig his music...[/quote']

I heard your accent just reading this O.O

Too cool!

In reading the replies it becomes obvious that inspiration is all around us in what ever form, from the many sources available. Youtube is a wonderful resource, the Internet has been a god send.

Anyone from unknown artist to those from generations ago can be found.

Also I would point out that radio can still play a great roll, as it did 50 years ago, but not from commercial FM or AM radio, they just rehash the same old same old. XM is great, but another good source is PBS and the variety of shows that present different types of music from Blue Grass to Jazz from New Age to Blues.

I listen to shows like Echoes and Mountain Stage to hear new artist then I look these artist up online. Look up your local PBS radio station online and enjoy!

http://www.echoes.org/

http://www.mountainstage.org/

Archived