Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall

swleary

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to work tomorrow and it'd be un cool if I was hungover ' date=' mind you why is the wife trying to get me drunk . Oh no she wants the credit card ahhhhhh[/quote']

Hell, I'll get you drunk for the credit card......

:-

I'm off for the next two weeks. I'm going to be drinking a little every day; maybe even starting at breakfast tomorrow.

Back on topic...I think a local shop is supposed to get in a couple of Marshall Class5s, maybe by X-mas Eve, but, probably next week. I'm eager to try one out (so I don't need to be drinking TOO much).

Ya I keep hearing Marshall is pushing the dates' date=' it's now to dec.24 . So Canada should get them by Dec. 24/ 2010 lol[/quote']

Well you know where I stand in re. to the C5 mate. But as I said don't rush out and get one until they've officially been released there,because the ones that are being sold seem to be rattlers.

I just got lucky.[biggrin]

I've got one here. Sounds pretty good after only 15 minutes...

I don't see how anyone can draw any real conclusions on how good or poorly an amp sounds from a few internet videos.

Finally someone with some common sense chimes in re. video/sound clips.[rolleyes]

These are nicknamed Baby Bluesbreakers and that's what they sound like. NOWHERE near Metallica etc. etc. sounds.

But they are the bees knees of small class A tube amps to me in their price range.

And do NOT be put off by the 5 watts misnomer. These little things are freaking loud! But using the bedroom mod(which I hardwired in)you'll be cranking this little baby and will not surface anytime soon.[smile]

Lowdown' date=' what's the "bedroom mod"? Is it one of those little hide-inside-the-cab attenuators?[/quote']

Well,most people plug an extension 16ohm(only![biggrin] ) cab into the headphone jack BUT can only put the plug in 1/2 way as it's a stereo socket. Then they can redline evrything like it's meant to be played at a "bedroom volume". This also unfortunately kicks in a dummy load which throws the main hardwired Celestion out of the loop.[rolleyes]

BUT...to use the amp & it's speaker(which was specifically designed for this amp and does the job extremely well for the detractors)w/out going through all that BS,I disconnected the internal wiring from the speaker to the chassis - added my own cable which I connected from the speaker to a TRS jack so I can plug fully into the headphone socket for the lower volume or just plug into the Ext. socket for the normal 5 watts output volume.

Easy and works a treat. All this came courtesy of the amps designer[wink]

I did post a link previously.

Here's how I vote...

Class 5 - YES

Jet City 20W head - YES

Night Train - YES

Vintage Modern YES

Haze 15 - No way

Haze 40 - Must re- evaluate' date=' played it for only 2 minutes...

Drinking - YES[/quote']

+1

I agree with everything on that list other than the Jet City. I haven't played the Jet City.

The Night Train is BADASS!! If it had reverb, tremelo, and a footswitch I'd have one.

Because I need those features, I'm saving for an AC30CC2.

The NT sounds awesome though. I want one.

Archived