Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Aging Question

mwink822

I just got a brand spankin new Alpine White Les Paul Custom about a month ago which was special ordered through my local Gibson dealer for a song of a price. I'm quite well aware that an Alpine White finish will eventually end up being a creme color, but I'm rather surprised that the finish on my guitar has already started to change in spots along the top, specifically in the center of the guitar directly under the strings where the top of the guitar is at its highest point. Is this the normal process of the guitar's finish aging? Personally I figured that with the guitar being case kept and wiped down after every use it would start to change color in a more uniform manner. Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks for the reply duane' date=' it's not just me then. I'm looking forward to the guitar eventually looking like the Randy Rhoads Custom...all I need is a set of gold speed knobs and I'm in business. [/quote']

Are you going for something like this???

randy005.jpg

Wow' date=' that's a sexy custom. I'm going for something similar to that just less the Gibson logos on the pickup covers and the RR on the pickguard. Other than that though, that's exactly the look. [/quote']

Im the same. Gorgeous guitar but the Gibson covers and RR signature have to go.

Im the same. Gorgeous guitar but the Gibson covers and RR signature have to go.

LOL!!!

From what I've been told there are quite a few features on my guitar that don't match Randy's... The brass cavity covers on the back' date=' blank TRC, bridge type, tuners and strap buttons.... But I'm really not worried about it.... It's how she came, and that is how she's gonna stay.[cool

LOL!!!

From what I've been told there are quite a few features on my guitar that don't match Randy's... The brass cavity covers on the back' date=' blank TRC, bridge type, tuners and strap buttons.... But I'm really not worried about it.... It's how she came, and that is how she's gonna stay.[cool

Hey, dont get me wrong its a beautiful guitar. I like to keep them pure thats all! lol

LOL!!!

From what I've been told there are quite a few features on my guitar that don't match Randy's... The brass cavity covers on the back' date=' blank TRC, bridge type, tuners and strap buttons.... But I'm really not worried about it.... [b']It's how she came, and that is how she's gonna stay[/b].[biggrin]

Good for You, Duane![cool]

CB

Archived