Gibson Brands Forums

This song needs a sweet melodic solo!!

ShredAstaire

Hello all....i'm pretty much a rhythm guitarist and i'm not so good at soloing...especially when it comes to ideas.

I'm looking for someone to record a solo for this track....i'm not sure its a style that all of you are into (maybe some of you) but i'd love to hear several of your takes on the song...

Recorded in Pro Tools.....

Here's the Mp3:

http://www.box.net/shared/b05hlosqfb

If anyone is interested, just go ahead and download the track and get to it! If you're not into it, that's fine...any feedback is welcome, constructive or otherwise! [biggrin]

Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

*cringe*

Sounds really nice. Why not try to do a solo yourself? A phrygian modal scale would work for your tune. Begin by just playing the scale on eighth notes of the tune. Then pause on the 3rd beat on every other measure to get a feeling for phrasing. The most important thing to do is to hum along with your playing because singing typically forces you to be melodic. Just give it try, I think you'll like it...

Hey John,

I truly loved it! And I'm not just saying that... It is definitely within my styles / likes. Lots of classic metal form with a modern tone approach. I will download it and try something on it, but just for my fun. I don't own recording equipment (and even if I did, I doubt if I could record anything worth being recorded over this rhythm part...:- ).

What gear did you use to play it?

Anyway, I wish a guy in here gives it the solo it deserves.

All the best mate.

Hey Duane....i was thinking maybe a little something something at 0:54 - 1:20 and then the main solo from 3:02 to the end....[biggrin]

I'll definitely try something on my own as well...thanks for the tip rocketman!! How cool would it be to have multiple versions of the track with different guest soloists?

Hey John' date='

I truly loved it! And I'm not just saying that... It is definitely within my styles / likes. Lots of classic metal form with a modern tone approach. I will download it and try something on it, but just for my fun. I don't own recording equipment (and even if I did, I doubt if I could record anything worth being recorded over this rhythm part...[biggrin ).

What gear did you use to play it?

Anyway, I wish a guy in here gives it the solo it deserves.

All the best mate.

Thanks man!! That's really nice of you to say. I know its not a popular style around here but hey, that's what I do! [biggrin]

Glad you liked it and yeah man....go to town on that song even without recording equipment...sometimes its just fun to improvise right?

Anyway, I appreciate the kind words sir....cheers to you and anyone else who digs it! [lol]

Shred I did a rough quick recording with the Les Paul Jr because it was readily available.... On the final track I'll use the SG or LPC to get the heavier tone, and I'll make sure the solo is in tune with your tracks on final lay down......

The kids are killing me to use the room to hang and jam with their pals, so I'll work on it some more tomorrow[cool]

Let me know if this is the direction you were thinking in regards to the 3 minute mark of the song??? Then I'll clean it up and work on the phrasing and smoothness a bit more.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Teou2F21c[/YOUTUBE]

Duane your addition fits in very nicely. Keep up the good work

CW

thanks [biggrin]

I sorta a wish there was a vocal line I could key the solo from, but that's okay I'll leave the vocals to Shred, unless he wants me to write lyrics and sing vocals.

Checking the song out now....that solo sounds cool man....I like where you're going with it!! There are actually lyrics and vocals on that song in another mix.....good idea, I didn't think about that. Let me throw that up there on box.com. I'll edit my post with the link.

In the final mix, i will reduce the time of the fade out...it was a bit long there. Thanks for that duane!

edit - found it....the song has changed a tiny bit since the this mix but not too much...you get an idea where the vocals are going anyway....also, if you want me to extend the end there for a longer solo, I can do that too.

http://www.box.net/shared/sn8yk0f45k

Checking the song out now....that solo sounds cool man....I like where you're going with it!! There are actually lyrics and vocals on that song in another mix.....good idea' date=' I didn't think about that. Let me throw that up there on box.com. I'll edit my post with the link.

In the final mix, i will reduce the time of the fade out...it was a bit long there. Thanks for that duane![/quote']

cool, I'll move forward..

I'll also fade out the solo with the song..... if that's okay with you

I listened to the whole thing. I have to say , you both were amazing. I really loved the intro and when Duane came in at the 3 minute mark, I was like "holy crap, that's exactly what it needed" . I thought the whole flow of the song worked very well. Damn good job to you both.

On another topic, now I'm gonna have that in my head for the rest of the night, my lawyer will be in contact lol j/k

my people will be in contact with your people' date=' which in turn will be in contact with Shred's people[biggrin'] ....... Let's do lunch...

Sweet, bring your guitars and amps. Will make sweet sweet music lol

Shred is in Toronto, Ontario and I'm about an hour or so west of him. Only makes sense for you to come here Duane but bring your long underwear....I repeat bring your long underwear lol

Archived