Gibson Brands Forums

I have a question none of you can answer.

dem00n

You want some math? If you start out 10 feet away from a door' date=' then walk halfway there, and halfway from where you are, then halfway again, and again, over and over, will you ever get there?[/quote']

Not really. But dem00n would say he can do it [biggrin]

Regardless of it's size, how many times can you fold a piece of paper by half?

Not really. But dem00n would say he can do it [biggrin]

Regardless of it's size' date=' how many times can you fold a piece of paper by half?

[/quote']

Seven times.

I could post Einstein's constraint puzzle here, but I think (and this is just an assumption) that anyone here who's capable of solving it has already seen it, and has already done so.

Not really. But dem00n would say he can do it [blush]

Yes' date=' because you can never get 0 by dividing by 2. But you keep on getting closer to the door. How does that infinity exist?[biggrin

Regardless of it's size, how many times can you fold a piece of paper by half?

I think they tried to get 8 on mythbusters but failed. They used extremely thin toilet paper but 7 is the limit.

I didn't get your reply at the first thing (I said: no, meaning "no you dont reach the door")

And... there's a girl that suposedly folded paper 12 times... and it's suposed to be the world's record but I ain't buyin' [biggrin]

Anyway... what was dem00n talkin' about? Anyone knows?

Yeah... I figured if someone answered it would be you' date=' or rocketman[/quote']

Sorry I didn't get here quick enough. Numbers that begin with the letter "T" I believe is the answer. Also, theoretically you'd never hit the wall if you keep walking halfway to it, but practically you would because you can't halve a quark (smallest particle known in the universe), unless string theory is correct. Hey, you asked...

And... there's a girl that suposedly folded paper 12 times... and it's suposed to be the world's record but I ain't buyin' :D

/quote]

Single direction folding expands the limit you can't exceed 8 by bi-directional folding but single direction folding can go up to 12 at least mathematically Ive never actually seen it.

Archived