Gibson Brands Forums

El KABONG!!!!!

onewilyfool

My uncle bought a new Hummingbird in '67 or '68. He and his wife split up around 1970 and when she threw him out of the house, she threw the Bird out behind him. I don't even know if he looked back long enough to count the pieces.

I think something like that happened to the Gibson classical I had. I sold it to finance my F-25 and a few years later I saw the guy I sold it to and he was too embarassed to say what happened to it but knowing his girl friend at the time, I'm pretty sure it was something similar.

On the Guild note, an ex-brother-in-law has a Guild Jumbo that has a woman's name scratched onto the back and some very serious repairs. The story is that it was the result of a break up. The guitar is incredible and I think the damage and repairs are somewhat responsible for that.

From AP- Odd News 1/5/10...

Accused banjo beater can keep pickin' for now

ASPEN, Colo. – A banjo player accused of assaulting another man with his instrument will get to keep pickin' while awaiting his trial. Joseph Stancato, 33, of Denver faces second-degree assault charges after allegedly hitting another man upside the head with his banjo on New Year's Eve. Authorities said Stancato got into an argument with two men at a bus stop.

District Judge James Boyd on Monday approved Stancato's request to be allowed on the road to tour with a band while awaiting his next court date Feb. 6.

The banjo is considered "a deadly weapon" under Colorado law, so Stancato could face prison time, the Aspen Daily News reported.

....The banjo is considered "a deadly weapon" under Colorado law' date=' so Stancato could face prison time, the Aspen Daily News reported.

[/quote']

One reason FOR playing the banjo... Makes a better weapon than a guit tar in a bar-room brawl.[cool]

Longtime ago when I was married my wife gave me as a present for a birthday (in 1986 I think) a guitar. The guitar was nothing special, but at least was not false :-)

It was a pleasure for me to play on it.

Several years later my wife caught me cheating and made me break this guitar, so I did it (f...!)

And several years more later, when we finally got separated she jumped on the back of my 12 string guitar and made it in peaces...

Years later I told her once: "You owe me a 12 string"

"You owe me one life" - she answered.

Until today the discussion is open...

Longtime ago when I was married my wife gave me as a present for a birthday (in 1986 I think) a guitar. The guitar was nothing special' date=' but at least was not false :-)

It was a pleasure for me to play on it.

Several years later my wife caught me cheating and made me break this guitar, so I did it (f...!)

And several years more later, when we finally got separated she jumped on the back of my 12 string guitar and made it in peaces...

Until today the discussion is open...[/quote']

That gal sounds like a nut case.

Until today the discussion is open...

I've been told women are women.. the world over' date=' but Umm... never met a Bulgarian woman, but I'd say you ought not to hold your breath waiting for her to continue the discussion... just a suggestion. [cool

That's why I likes Guit tars, Dogs and Women... in that order. Two out of three will not turn on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Assault by guitar should receive twice the punishment of assault by banjo. In assault by guitar there are two victims. In assault by banjo there is one victim and an act of community service.

just kidding--some of my best friends play the banjo. I even play a 6-string banjo (banjitar), although some might consider that criminal crossbreeding.

Archived