Gibson Brands Forums

Guaranteed sticker missing from my new CS336 Custom

Stew

Manager at Sam Ash said he could have Gibson send me one but... does it really matter? It is the first Gibson I've seen without that red sticker visible through "f" hole.

Very odd indeed....

So you can't see red through your f hole' date=' may want to have that checked out [biggrin

Seriously though, I would ask for a different one, because that is kooky

Thanks guys... It is the only one that they had and it has the flame and look that I may not be able to replace. The wood grain is ingrained into my soul now so I will keep her... but it does bother me. The Manager told me that he has seen it once before (sales pitch maybe) and that maybe the dude making it was simply stoned and just forgot (sales pitch to relate to me thinking I smoked weed, which I don't). I think it would be more strange for Gibson to send me the red sticker with some dudes initials on it that didn't even work on her...

that maybe the dude making it was simply stoned and just forgot (sales pitch to relate to me thinking I smoked weed' date=' which I don't).[/quote']

Some sales pitch: "Here buy this custom made guitar that costs a lot of money, it was probably made by some guy who was stoned." Thanks, I would've walked away at that point....

:-k this is odd but samash is very reputible. but itts even more add that the sticer is missing from the inside. i would contact gibson about that but i do doubt that its a fake. im willing to bet like others sugested that its probably floating around in the f hole somewere.

Thanks guys, I will contact Gibson and ask for explanation and I will also sheck in there with light to see if it's floating around. The manager was probably just trying to be funny about the Gibson guy being stoned... he was entertaining to talk to but I understand that reflects badly on Gibson and maybe I should have left that part of story out. I would hope that the sticker missing does not bring down the value if I were to sell it down the road which I doubt I would but with the market the way it is out there... you never know... thanks again!

You had me at "F Hole"

We were taking the Gibson tour in Memphis, and the guy said:

"BB King likes to put socks in his F Hole"...

I looked over at my friend who was about to burst into tears laughing and I began to laugh. Next thing we knew the tour was looking at us as if we were crazy because we found that statement so funny.

guitarslinger, yes I bought all three gibsons around same time (last couple months)and it all started with the ES 335 not pictured that I bought for girlfriend who is musician, she showed me a few chords a couple months ago and taught me to appreciate the beauty... I was hooked and now have the Les Paul and just picked up CS336 a week ago. Love it! I have a long way to go but simply love them all! I'm writing songs with her and going into recording studio in next few days and having a blast!

Thanks for advice for posting. These forums are pretty cool!

Stew

Archived