Gibson Brands Forums

Am I Missing Something?

pohatu771

I just found this on eBay, and it seems too good to be true...

It has a repair, and a little ding on the top, but is apparently structurally fine.

There's a dark spot around the neck block, which, to me is either water damage or glue stains, but it does look just like the glue inside my LG-0.

The seller has low feedback, but it's 100% and all seems to be rather expensive musical equipment.

Am I missing something here? If I'm not, I'm buying it... unless one of you steals it out from under me.

[EDIT] It's in Michigan, so we should have fairly similar weather at the moment. I've been concerned about buying anything and having it shipped from somewhere with drastically different weather, especially during the winter.

[EDIT 2] Whoops. I was missing something. The link:

2002 J-45

So, I'm dumb. The glue around the neck block wasn't the neck block - it's the reinforcement for the crack. I don't know how I mistook that.

I've talked to the seller a bit, and asked him to ship it to me at school - otherwise it will go to my house and I won't get it until Sunday at the earliest.

...There's a dark spot around the neck block' date=' which, to me is either water damage or glue stains, but it does look just like the glue inside my LG-0.

...[/quote']

Not that it matters much now that it's sold but the cosmetic damage shown in the third pic appears to be a key crack, that crack that develops when you have a wad of keys, coins or other solid objects in your pocket when you rest the waist of the guitar upon it, then lean. Although it is on the wrong side, unless the player was a lefty. The 'neck' block and glue stains shown in the 5th pic is not a neck block but the cleats / patches used to reinforce this crack from the inside. A sloppy repair in my estimation. Shouldn't hurt tone. And for less than a grand you still got a good buy.

Archived