Gibson Brands Forums

Are you considerate?

Cruznolfart

Do you take every reasonable precaution against offensive odor when working with your fellow musicians? What about those hours in the studio, all cooped up together after having tacos and refried beans for lunch? Not a pleasant experience; is it?

Well, here are a couple of new products that are perfect for any situation involving more than one person in close quarters. It's better than Beano!

images are links

For the stage:

flat-d_2079_1604747

And for the studio:

flat-d_2079_4575930

Now, most users say they love their anti-flatulence cushion. Can you imagine loving something that's full...oh, never mind. Get yours today!

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.html

i used to play with a guy that always stank - sweaty or not. the worst kind of BO' date=' too. showering and hygiene did little. it was natural, biological, metabolic. it became a joke and later, not even worthy of commenting. funny what you can get used to.[/quote']

I had a big kid working for me down in Salinas many years ago. Nicest young man you could hope to meet but had an allergy to anything that might prevent BO, including soap. He was HUGE and hirsute and you could smell him before he came in the room. That was one of the most difficult "talks" I've ever had to have with another person. He took it well but we were both embarrassed. He managed to improve his problem somewhat and I decided he did better in an outside position and soon found one to promote him into. Win-win.

In the Crotch, when I'd get back in from the bush after a few days, the first place I'd go was the showers. Afterwards, when I was done and squeaky clean, when I'd go pick up my gear I'd taken off, I'd damn near pass out from the stench. [biggrin]

I played Football with big sweaty offensive/defensive linemen. after four months on a turf field grabbing' date=' sweating, hitting each other. We got use to the foul stench of our shoulder pads and locker room.

[/quote']

I played HS football for one year and that's one of the most vivid memories: the drying room aroma. I'd have more memories but I was one of the smaller guys and got my bell rang. I think I had fun. [biggrin]

No no no no no.... I have to ask, I just have to. Where in the heck did you find that link and should I ask, what possessed you to start this thread?

It was the supposed earth quake wasn't it? I had to click that link and could not believe my eyes, of course they were tearing up with laughter. I see that chair has rollers on it. Hmmmm.... [biggrin]

Afterwards' date=' when I was done and squeaky clean, when I'd go pick up my gear I'd taken off, I'd damn near pass out from the stench. [biggrin] [/quote']

When I was a young man I worked in a cattle feedlot with a buddy of mine - his dad owned the place.

Honestly you get used to the odor and trust me, cattle aren't as bad as hogs or CHICKENS.

Anyhow, after the long hours I would strip right inside the door and throw my clothes out on the porch.

Take a HOT shower and that stuff starts coming out of your pores for round two - yech!

So after I was squeaky clean I would grab my coveralls from outside and throw them in a HOT washer.

Smell would come out completely, but my boots had to live outside until it wore off in a few weeks.

Had to pay attention to the wind direction when deciding where to park my car.

Monitor the wind during the day and move the car as needed.

Might have a date that night ya know....

I had a big kid working for me down in Salinas many years ago. Nicest young man you could hope to meet but had an allergy to anything that might prevent BO' date=' including soap. He was HUGE and hirsute and you could smell him before he came in the room. [b']That was one of the most difficult "talks" I've ever had to have with another person. He took it well but we were both embarrassed.[/b]

I had to have the same type of conversation while in the Navy. Like in your case he was the nicest guy which made it all the more difficult.

Archived