Gibson Brands Forums

baker,bruce,moore...BBM!

S t e v e

for those who didn't know, ginger baker, jack bruce and gary moore formed a "supergroup" in 94 and called it BBM...they recorded one album titled (around the next dream) and i gotta say if your a fan of cream or garys then you'l love this album!, here's my fave track...gary goes mad on the wah wah! [biggrin]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7F3Q8Yh_9g[/YOUTUBE]

• 11 months later...

I learnt about this album a few years ago, to this day i feel cold/hot about it, I love some of the songs, others don't care about.

The guy that introduced me to this album had never heard fo Gary, he bought it because he is a fan of Cream.

I introduced Gary in his life, that's right I spread Steve's Gospel.

I learnt about this album a few years ago, to this day i feel cold/hot about it, I love some of the songs, others don't care about.

The guy that introduced me to this album had never heard fo Gary, he bought it because he is a fan of Cream.

I introduced Gary in his life, that's right I spread Steve's Gospel.

do you like "waiting in the wings"? if not what are your fave tracks?

Hey bluesguitar65; I like it over anything I've played or came in contact with in 41+ years. Had a G&L SB-2 that was pretty much a Fender P Bass with an attitude I traded in to get back with Gibson again. That was made up for my specs by G&L. Fender J and P Basses good also, but I like the SG Std. Bass. What gear would you be running it through if the GAS PAINS get to be unbearable?

Hey bluesguitar65; I like it over anything I've played or came in contact with in 41+ years. Had a G&L SB-2 that was pretty much a Fender P Bass with an attitude I traded in to get back with Gibson again. That was made up for my specs by G&L. Fender J and P Basses good also, but I like the SG Std. Bass. What gear would you be running it through if the GAS PAINS get to be unbearable?

I'll be mainly using it for home studio recordings. What would you suggest for that purpose? Gibson offers a faded SG bass, how is that compared to the standard SG bass?

I got interesed on the SG Bass after seeing this video of Free. Andy Fraser is an excellent bass player.

The Faded and Heritage are the same as far as pups, neck, fretboard, body wood, solid case, and tuners. Heavier nitro finish, trapezoid inlays, and mother of pearl on the head are on the Heritage. Sound wise I believe they sound the same. Might be a slight difference on the feel of the action of the back of the neck. One glossed, other not. A great bass for stage or studio. I used Mesa for a while, and came back to the Marshall MB Series.

Archived