Gibson Brands Forums

Namm Ibanez stuff.

dem00n

NAMM is pretty cool. I went last year. I wish I could have gone this year.

The Gibson booth is so cool. I could just live there. The Fender booth was full of d¡ckheads.

The Orange, Vox, EHX, & Martin booths were also really sweet.

There was a lot of cool drums stuff too. Well... pretty much everything there rocks.

Oh yeah. The Moog booth was DOPE.

NAMM is pretty cool. I went last year. I wish I could have gone this year.

The Gibson booth is so cool. I could just live there. The Fender booth was full of d¡ckheads.

The Orange, Vox, EHX, & Martin booths were also really sweet.

There was a lot of cool drums stuff too. Well... pretty much everything there rocks.

Oh yeah. The Moog booth was DOPE.

http://ibanez.com/new?=eg

I like some of the eletric.

The hollow bodies look really nice.

Good to see alot of basses to.

nice stuff' date=' the new JS and JEM models look pretty cool....

also that tube screamer amp head caught my eye.... i wonder if it actually sounds decent?? :-&

EDIT:

I checked the Tube and found 1 clip:

[youtube']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYs7lahlcv0

it sounds pretty good in the clip, so i wonder if it sounds good in person....

i gotta check it out, its all tube.... 12ax7's and 6v6's (which i hear some people say is the sh*t!!). its got 5 watt and 15 watt modes. its only got 1 channel (i assume for a clean sound) cuz it also has a footswitchable tube screamer circuit for overdrive.... and its got a footswitchable boost (for solos?). and its from ibanez so its probably on the cheap(er) end as far as small tube amps go.... :-

http://ibanez.com/Electronics/model-TSA15H

hmm, may consider getting one. but id have to hear it myself before buying. :-k

(however, if i did end up getting the head, i dont think id go for the matching cabinet as i have a feeling it would be a piece of sh*t cab.... id buy myself a higher quality cab [biggrin] )

Not impressed by that video AT ALL.

Tone aside' date=' that guy sucked and I hated him instantly.

The tone didn't sound too great but I think that was recorded with a handheld camera. Probably not a very good basis for judgement.[/quote']

Ya i agree.

I think it was that guy from Gayforce..or Dragonforce.

Anyway ill do the juding in person or a good video.

Not impressed by that video AT ALL.

Tone aside' date=' that guy sucked and I hated him instantly.

The tone didn't sound too great but I think that was recorded with a handheld camera. Probably not a very good basis for judgement.[/quote']

Agreed. For me it was his playing that sucked.

To me that amp looks very interesting.

My guess is that it's too good to be true, and will ultimately end up being a sh!tty-sounding amp with a Tube Screamer circuit added on.

On the other hand, if it sounds good, and it's at a decent price (and let's not kid ourselves, Ibanez is usually pretty good about pricing,) then I'd really strongly consider buying it.

To me that amp looks very interesting.

My guess is that it's too good to be true' date=' and will ultimately end up being a sh!tty-sounding amp with a Tube Screamer circuit added on.

On the other hand, if it sounds good, and it's at a decent price (and let's not kid ourselves, Ibanez is usually pretty good about pricing,) then I'd really strongly consider buying it.[/quote']

I saw on premierguitar.com that the price point will be about $300.... seems a little expensive for ibanez, so maybe (i hope) it might actually be worth the price [biggrin]

Archived