Gibson Brands Forums

Tremolo Pedals

Riffster

I have had the itch to get one for a while but as I keep looking the sky is the limit it seems, tons of options but a lot of them are quite pricey and the ones that are not don't seem to be all that good.

From a cheapo Danelectro Cool Cat to something incredibly cool and expensive like this:

http://www.effectrode.com/website/tremolo/tremolo_main.htm

I tried a Boss but it did not convince me on open chords with overdrive a la R.E.M. maybe a Keeley modded would do the trick. Does any one here have experience with Tremolo pedals?

Searching on the local craigslist I can tell that boutique tremolo pedals seem to be the norm around here.

I have and have tried only one tremolo pedal and it's an old Diaz Tremodillo dated 1995 and the effect sounds REALLY good. It's got that deep, spooky swell to it or you can set it to be more staccato. Two buttons - on/off and the other doubles the speed. Apparently, Cesaer Diaz managed to stuff a Fender tremolo unit into an MXR sized box and this is the result.

Downsides:

It does effect your tone a little even when it's off in that, when plugged into a Blues Junior, the amp sounds a little less brittle which is a good thing; your mileage may vary but, until I realized the next point below, I kept it plugged in to the amp when I played whether I was using the effect or not.

It eats batteries pretty fast. I'm to the point where I'm considering getting some sort of power adapter for it as it's not set up for one.

Never use one... If I'm thinking that way with the little amp, I have the Boss Leslie emulator. But the Leslie box is not "clean" like the tube trem, for better or worse, depending on your personal inclinations.

With the big tube jobbie, it's got tube trem in the amp.

m

I have seen the Tremoldillo but it is pricey Rich.

The Vooodoo Labs does look like a good option for the price and features.

I tried a Marshall VT-1 and it has to be the worse pedal in the Marshall line up, their other pedals are good but the Tremolo is very OK.

I am going to keep my eyes open for a good deal on a Voodoo Labs Trem.

I have seen the Tremoldillo but it is pricey Rich.

The Vooodoo Labs does look like a good option for the price and features.

I tried a Marshall VT-1 and it has to be the worse pedal in the Marshall line up' date=' their other pedals are good but the Tremolo is very OK.

I am going to keep my eyes open for a good deal on a Voodoo Labs Trem.[/quote']

Alrighty then...I was going to try it out, in terms of pedals, the closest store has decent stuff (crappy amps and guitars!)

But maybe I won't, never really saw a need for a trem pedal.

Gonna pickup a slide and some picks on tuesday...you know, the nic nacky items like that.

Oh, those are nice but when you get to $200, $250 and above is just not worth it for me.

In my first post you can see a link, that particular pedal is $450 and the best I have seen but at the price of a amp is hardly justifiable.

Another pedal that seems extremely verstaile is the Cusack tremolo, but frankly that pedal does too much for what I want it. All kinds of waves, modes and it has tap speed.

Once I started looking for a Tremolo pedal I found out just how expensive they can get.

Archived