Gibson Brands Forums

That New Guitar Smell!

lockjawdavis

I finally pulled the trigger on a J-45 today! I fell in love with the sound of the Rosewood Custom, so I bit the bullet (sorry about all the gun metaphors) and brought her home. I'm glad to say she sounds as good in my living room as she did in the 'acoustic room.' Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions about Gibsons, in general, and the J-45, in particular.

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

Thanks everyone! Jannus, that's where I got my monniker from! What an under-rated horn player! I'd love to hear your stories of working with him.

As far as the guitar, I'm loving the feel, the look and the tone. All of which will get better. Like a pair of jeans, I suppose.

Thanks everyone! Jannus' date=' that's where I got my monniker from! What an under-rated horn player! I'd love to hear your stories of working with him.

As far as the guitar, I'm loving the feel, the look and the tone. All of which will get better. Like a pair of jeans, I suppose.[/quote']

don't mind if i do. i booked a jazz club from 80- 82. guys like eddie would fly in and do a week with the house rhythm section. eddie, besides being a 1st rate player and pro, was a gentleman from start to finish. old school nice. it was fun. i was lucky to have a house band leader (bass player) who worked with DUKE and was an eminent local teacher as well. all the visiting guys, from milt jackson to clark terry to EDDIE LOCKJAW DAVIS knew my guy. it was always good. i got to hang with mose allison, zoot sims, barney kessel, anonanon. i saw LOCKJAW and it brought all that back. thanks!

Archived