Gibson Brands Forums

The Who's On

FirstMeasure

I thought about that when I saw the British Roundel on the cymbals.

Pete sounded a little out of practice. But Pino Paladino sure handles the bass.

Yeah' date=' very OK. Less Than impressed with the band. The Stage was COOL![/quote']

That's what my mom said too!

"That light show is amazing! Daltrey can't sing, but the lights are amazing!"

It was cool, Paladino was good

Daltrey can't sing' date=' but the lights are amazing!"[/quote']

lol, my dad and i were saying the same thing.... i guess daltrey is just getting too old.... did you see when he tried to hit the first vocal note on "baba o'riley"?? jesus.... it sounded like a dying walrus.... [biggrin]

I agree about the stage, awesome!

Performers on the other hand were very mediocre at best. IMHO

It looked like I saw RD lip sync'ing might have been wrong but after looking at it on the rewind it looked the same.

Do you think the will still be performing in their 70's? [biggrin]

lol' date=' my dad and i were saying the same thing.... i guess daltrey is just getting too old.... did you see when he tried to hit the first vocal note on "baba o'riley"?? jesus.... it sounded like a dying walrus.... [biggrin] [/quote']

[biggrin] True, but wow.

I hear you doublecutjr, but I mean, why do they always have to get aging artists? Can't they find someone more recent?

The thing is, I don't hink they "Lost" anything, I just think they were under practiced. Maybe because it was American Football or because they're the Who and it's just another High Paying Gig, but I think a month of Twice Weekly Rehearsal would have helped their 15 minute performance immensely.

The kid playing drums kicked @ss....

+1. he was pretty d*mn good!! [biggrin]

I tried that windmill thing once... it hurt my hand. That right there is skill!

hahaha i tried that once too.... about a year ago i think' date=' well.... i ended up spazzing out and nailed the side of my hand against the strings.... and i have really dry skin so the strings scraped and cut the s**t outta my hand.... haven't tried that since [blush

Man give um a..... break......I saw the Who in 1977 on what I call there Cincinnati death tour.....it was the end of general admission seating

in large concert halls.....due to the stampede to get to the front of the stage at doors open................

Those guys were old then ................but had it down.......they rocked .........much better than the Stones in 80..............

So dam what is it now 2010 ..............bwahahaha....cough..............were's me cane.....get off me lawn

Its a non american band playing for an american sport...

...sponsored by Hyundai Motors....

WTF?

Is there no shame where a dollar is concerned?

I wasn't expecting much of the Who' date=' and I was[i'] still[/i] disappointed...

At least the game was decent this time, and I saw Bob from Bizarre Guitar at the beginning of half time.

Archived