Gibson Brands Forums

thumbs up or down...

tartanbeastie

would anyone else like to see a thumbs up down facility on each post to see what people think of individuals responses? instead of thumbs it could be a chicken head dial like on an amp which could be set to show what you thought of the posting. up for good, down for bad and middle for so so.

theres been many times i've read posts but dont put a reply on because my views have been echoed already so i just move on. a quick tick of a box etc would show support or negativity etc without having to write a post almost identical to however many others posts...

I'm ambivalent. I won't go so far as to say I don't care for the idea, but it's not something I'd ever use. I've never used it in any forum in which it was available. And, regardless of its potential popularity among the membership, the likelihood of its being approved by the Gibson suits is, IMHO, less than remote.

I doubt the Gibson suits would care one way or the other. It'll really boil down to whether it's a built in function of the message board software (YAF) that can easily be turned on or not; if not, then it becomes and issue of whether they want to devote development resources (money) towards adding the feature themselves.

Its a cool idea; it would replace the "+1"; kinda like the thank you button at MLP ( I think)....I don't think I would give it much use though, and as the others said, the chances of it happening are very remote...

Even the Gear section of the forum, that Fred( I think) came up with, which was nearly fully supported, didn't come through.

I doubt the Gibson suits would care one way or the other. It'll really boil down to whether it's a built in function of the message board software (YAF) that can easily be turned on or not; if not' date=' then it becomes and issue of whether they want to devote development resources (money) towards adding the feature themselves.[/quote']

That's more or less what I meant, Rich. If it's a matter of throwing a switch I doubt there's any interest one way or another. If they have to drop coin, it's likely not going to happen.

Its a cool idea; it would replace the "+1"; kinda like the thank you button at MLP ( I think)....I don't think I would give it much use though' date=' and as the others said, the chances of it happening are very remote...

[b']Even the Gear section of the forum, that Fred( I think) came up with, which was nearly fully supported, didn't come through.[/b]

+1

No comment though..... #-o

It's not like I'm bitter though [bored]

would anyone else like to see a thumbs up down facility on each post to see what people think of individuals responses? instead of thumbs it could be a chicken head dial like on an amp which could be set to show what you thought of the posting. up for good' date=' down for bad and middle for so so.

theres been many times i've read posts but dont put a reply on because my views have been echoed already so i just move on. a quick tick of a box etc would show support or negativity etc without having to write a post almost identical to however many others posts... [/quote']

i like the idea :)

but unfortunately i dont think that will happen.... :-&

I know I wouldn't use it. I'm confident enough in my abilities to articulate my thoughts about another's post. Even if it's a simple [thumbup] , [blush] , or +/-1, I usually have something else to say.

I doubt that I'm the only one. I think that usually, when I see someone refer to another's post, they end up having had something to add. Just from what I've seen.

Archived