Gibson Brands Forums

How would you grill this up ?

Blackie

Marinade it in tenderizer, olive oil, garlic powder and white pepper. Grill (BBQ) using indirect heat or grill straight up to desired doneness.

Slice like prime rib or pull like BBQ if you use indirect heat.

Enjoy it whatever you do!

It has a lot of marble and connective tissue so it needs to be cooked Low (temp) and Slow (time). Such as murph mentioned - a stew type cooking method. You could also use the indirect method ChanMan mentioned, but the key is to have the temp low which of course would mean a longer time.

This is what I would do:

1. Season it to your choice

2. Sear it in a frying pan.

3. Deglaze the pan you just seared the meat. Do this by adding about 1/2 cup of liquid while the pan is still hot and break up the pieces sitting in the pan - they are packed with flavor. Water would work, but using something else would bring flavor to the party (red wine, beer, chicken broth etc...)

4. Place the meat in some thick aluminum foil and fold it so when you add the above broth it will stay sealed (similar to a stew now huh? or dutch oven)

5. Cook it in the oven at 200 degrees F until the meat reaches an internal temp of around 145 degrees.

Some a yall had OK ideas..........

But I put it on the propain grill out back and smacked it with some sauce.............

Guitaretc067.jpg

and my ole man who is still gettin round cooked up the vegtables in a stir fry.........

So any yall find yourself in Virginia Beach VA you got a meal here..............

Guitaretc070.jpg

Archived