Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore..Yay or Nay...?

CJP89

Just curious about peoples opinions on him really, was just listening to a few of his albums...I have to say they're not my favourites, he just sorta whacks up the gain and treble and away he goes... Probably my least favourite Les Paul Tone so far...

Just curious about peoples opinions on him really' date=' was just listening to a few of his albums...I have to say they're not my favourites, he just sorta whacks up the gain and treble and away he goes... Probably my least favourite Les Paul Tone so far...[/quote']

on the flip side...garys tone is THE les paul tone that id give my left arm for! [blink], but i do respect your opinion...we all have different tastes and crave different things in life and thats what makes us all unique as humans beings, i love garys tone and playing, and his (blues alive) album was the life changer for me because if i'd never heard that album i dont think i'd be playing guitar today [-(

p.s post this in the lounge because not all the members on here watch all sub forums and i think you'l get a bigger responce over there [cool]

Ok yeh, i think came across a little too harsh there :), I do enjoy "Still Got the Blues" and Parisienne Walkways, I dunno it's hard to convey what i meant, I just think it's a little too "harsh" tone wise, I lean towards a more smooth tone like Joe Bonamassa, I do admire him technically though, he's got an extremley precise technique in almost every aspect.

Haha, stevejoshlay1, might be a little hard to play minus an arm wouldn't it ? [biggrin] ^^.

The main reason i started playing guitar was Stevie Ray Vaughan, so as far as i can tell they're pretty different players. I'd have to say i may love my Fenders tone just a little bit more than the Les Paul... Though that's probably blasphemy on these forums! haha :)

IMHO......... Gary Moore is one the most under-rated guitar players of our time. He has mastered tone. His vibrator technique is one of the best in the business. Everyone has their onw opinions and true, that's what makes us unique. If you want to learn how to master a vibrato (in terms of bending the string up) there's no one better to learn from. It's too bad he has a bad rap on touring in the states because I'd go see him in a heart beat. I listen to him regularly and I'm never bored with his attack technique. "One of the best in the business"

IMHO......... Gary Moore is one the most under-rated guitar players of our time. He has mastered tone. His vibrato technique is one of the best in the business. Everyone has their onw opinions and true' date=' that's what makes us unique. If you want to learn how to master a vibrato (in terms of bending the string up) there's no one better to learn from. It's too bad he has a bad rap on touring in the states because I'd go see him in a heart beat. I listen to him regularly and I'm never bored with his attack technique. "One of the best in the business"[/quote']

Nicelly put. I agree on every word (and I have edited the little ''error'' on the 1st sentence, after LMFAO!!!!). To my ears, he has on of the best and more characteristic Les Paul tones of all time. And you can tell that he spend his youth listening to the work of Peter Green (& Eric Clapton).

Got to be NAY. Ever since the stolen 59 issue with Ronnie Montrose I lost

respect. I don't care how he got ahold of it' date=' it was stolen. Hope Ronnie

gets it back.

CW[/quote']

I hope you're not serious, man.

We're discussing music here. I don't care how Ronnie Montrose lost his guitar, and I don't care how Gary Moore got his hands on it. Gary's a musician first and foremost, why not judge his music based on how it sounds, not on whose "stolen" guitar it's been purportedly played on?

That said, I really do love listening to Gary Moore. I dig his tone, I love his playing, I like his arrangements and I think he's a good songwriter/interpreter, and I have nothing against Gary Moore as a musician. If this was a thread about Gary Moore's integrity, then I might have a few other things to say.

Archived