Gibson Brands Forums

As requested, a couple more snaps

pippy

(EDIT: I've just re-read this first post and had to make an edit because I said 'off' looks better when I meant 'on'!!! What a ****!!! Sorry about all the confusion that follows as the first dozen or so replies read the original text...)

Well, There's not much more to show, really, so I just did a PG on and off to prove on (edited!) looks better...

The second shot is just to show the light-ish back colour (serial number has been, erm, digitally re-mastered).

Lo-resPGoffandon-1.jpg

Lo-resRearofheadchanged.jpg

That guitars a killer Phil. The original pic you posted is now my desktop picture....

Yes to Tuesday.... ( I think)

Regards

Gosh! I'm flattered!

If you like I'll bring the new one along (assuming we go somewhere civilised!).

Best wishes.

Thanks, Guitarandfeather.

What does the "5" denote on the serial number? Custom Shop? Hmm...

It's a LP Classic, therefore it means it was made in 1995.

I prefer 'on'; mainly for comfort (as a finger rest) but also visually. The one exception, visually, would be on a 1954 Custom.

Warning; Bad workman about to blame his tools.....!

The light is terrible today (yeah, yeah...) but hopefully this will suffice. It doesn't do them justice, but it's had to be just a quick snapshot as I've got to go out in a few mins.

Gangofthree.jpg

Warning; Bad workman about to blame his tools.....!

The light is terrible today (yeah' date=' yeah...) but hopefully this will suffice. It doesn't do them justice, but it's had to be just a quick snapshot as I've got to go out in a few mins.

[img']http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/pippy59/Gangofthree.jpg[/img]

That one in the middle is gorgeous! :-

That one in the middle is gorgeous! [biggrin]

Cheers, Nathan. It's a 1991 '1960 Classic' in Vintage Sunburst.

For a while it wasn't getting played at all as the nut had been cut too deep but I had a local luthier cut a new bone nut and after he set it up it was a revelation!

Pip...

I might could... Perhaps a little shooting Sunday.

Nothing all that nice' date=' though. And lots of it pretty old. But then, so am I. <chortle>

m

[/quote']

LOL!

Me too!

I'll look forward to checking the forum on Monday (if you shoot digitally) or some time the week after if you shoot on 'pos/neg'...[thumbup]

Pippy' date=' the new one's a beauty, the other 2 ain't bad either!!.

Have you had a chance to get the wiring looked at yet? [/quote']

Thanks, stevef.

As it happens I was hoping to get a soldering iron today but things got a bit busy. Perhaps tomorrow...

I don't really want to talk out of turn but, from what I've heard from the plugged instrument so far it hasn't reflected what I would have expected. Seymour Duncans have a fine reputation but, so far, the '57 Classics have them well and truly aced.

Archived