Lowdown

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess this is kinda what your doing.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[biggrin] Something like that mate.[biggrin]

Why not have a go mate? You can have another go at the bassline if you like or even do a solo? The more the merrier.[thumbup]

I liked the overlap too FM. Complimented Blackie's take.

Good stuff fellas.

#-o Something like that mate.[biggrin]

Why not have a go mate? You can have another go at the bassline if you like or even do a solo? The more the merrier.[laugh]

I liked the overlap too FM. Complimented Blackie's take.

Good stuff fellas.

[lol] Cool' date=' I wasn't listening to Blackies take when I did those. Just thought you could chop 'em out and use 'em where you like, but since they work there [cool

Come on folks, let's get some more tracks down![biggrin]

Maybe Blackie...more than likely people have jobs and families though....

When I have some more time, i will contribute...as I mentioned earlier, I understand starting with a cover...it makes sense, but i LOVE the idea of creating something new with some other stringslingers out there...

I guess that more players in here are more ''theoretically oriented''.

Or as the Americans would say:

''They talk the talk' date=' but they aint walk the walk...''

;) [-X[-( [/quote]

As always Pan,you cut like a knife. Right on the money as usual.[lol]

For something that would literally take 10 minutes max,or the same amount of time it takes to pick up your guitar and have a play...well it was a big let down to say the least. Spoke volumes though.

As I said,LPF JamZone it is for me now.

:-&:-k[-( [/quote']

That is a strong take.

Maybe others have a similar excuse as yours.

Being new to this I really appreciate the effort that has been put into this by those involved. Once I get my recording setup in order I would like to contribute to a project like this.

In the meantime the RAM memory upgrade that I bought to be able to record without freeze ups did not take, I have to call customer support but I am out of town for the next few days so it will have to wait.

I would say do not get discouraged Lowdown, keep in mind not everybody has access to quality recordning, I know I did not until 2 weeks ago.

Thanks again guys.

Yeah hang in there Low............and Stiff yeah the ability to record with a playback going takes extra RAM and also just getting the file into

a recording program can be tedious........I had to get a program to turn an Mp3 into a Wav file and then it dropped in to my program.....

but only a min 35 showed up...wtf..........

But also I just hit record after I found where on the neck to play an messed up enough to do it a second time and felt hey thats good enough.

Also I have seperate speakers and amps for play back and live that make it quick to play along with anything and get a good imput level.

This is what I did, since I'm only semi literate with Computers and recording.

First, downloaded the Lowdowns original track, synced it to my MP3 player. Listened to the mp3 player while recording what I played on my Fostex 8 track and a condenser mic. Then I uploaded the file I recorded (which I recorded as a wav file) to my computer.

So now I had a Wav of what I played, and needed to convert it to MP3 in order to upload it to soundclick. Not having a program that could covert it straight across, I burnt it to a cd set on Lossless quality, then ripped it off that cd at 196kbps. Now I had the track in mp3 and was able to get it to lowdown.

Who said you need the right tools for the right job.

;) [-X[-( [/quote]

Oh stfu. Some of us (well, me anyways) has a semi-hard-on for a collaboration like this, but in my case I don't have the software that'll let me record the guitartrack by itself. I can put on a backingtrack and play over it and record it, but there is no way to separate the two things. And I can't record the guitar track without some backingstuff playing in the background.

So forgive me very much. I'm not going out spending a lot of $ just to make you guys happy, even though I'd really like to be part of this.

"Walk the walk", "theoretically oriented". Jesus Christ, give me a ****ing break. It's been a really long time since I've met such stuck-up arrogance on this forum.

Oh stfu. Some of us (well' date=' me anyways) has a semi-hard-on for a collaboration like this, but in my case I don't have the software that'll let me record the guitartrack by itself. I can put on a backingtrack and play over it and record it, but there is no way to separate the two things. And I can't record the guitar track without some backingstuff playing in the background.

So forgive me very much. I'm not going out spending a lot of $ just to make you guys happy, even though I'd really like to be part of this.

"Walk the walk", "theoretically oriented". Jesus Christ, give me a ****ing break. It's been a really long time since I've met such stuck-up arrogance on this forum.[/quote']

Yeah I understand......but Lowdown has demonstrated the ability to drop in and move the files to work........

so if you theoretically had something in time with things he could tweak it in.............

And I agree with you.....those comments are unwarranted.....

No doubt about Low's ability to get things to work, but it is in no way possible for me to record without everything being mashed together in the same file.

If I'm not running a backingtrack, my software can't record. At all. Yeah, I know, my software isn't exactly pro stuff, but it works fine for my level of playing. Well, that was until some know-it-all sumbich tells me that if I can't record I'm just a poser.

Oh well, just to make sure that my point of view on this is very clear: "know-it-all-sumbich", you can suck my salty balls.

No doubt about Low's ability to get things to work' date=' but it is in no way possible for me to record without everything being mashed together in the same file.

If I'm not running a backingtrack, my software can't record. At all. Yeah, I know, my software isn't exactly pro stuff, but it works fine for my level of playing. Well, that was until some know-it-all sumbich tells me that if I can't record I'm just a poser.

Oh well, just to make sure that my point of view on this is very clear: "know-it-all-sumbich", you can suck my salty balls.[/quote']

What if your backing track was silence? you could burn lowdowns original to a cd, play it in a stereo, then play along with it while you record with a backing track of silence.

How bout we try again some time an Kolera you could make up the base tracks and then one of us could add and mix the other parts.

Of course I am not sure how to dial in the timing yet on drop in stuff on my program.........but there is prolly the function......

Thanks Blackie, and don't take this the wrong way, but I don't want or need any handouts to "make me feel better". I'm happy just doing my own thing. I don't need this even though it could have been fun.

My recording software defaults to .VAW so I add the file to iTunes and then convert it to MP3, now that the file is in the iTunes folder I simply upload from there.

If there is an easier way I have not figured it out.

Thanks Blackie' date=' and don't take this the wrong way, but I don't want or need any handouts to "make me feel better". I'm happy just doing my own thing. I don't [i']need[/i] this even though it could have been fun.

Yo I'm not all concerned bout you needin anything........your more skilled at guitar than me and most prolly

I am just being friendly.............I am bout an engineer when it comes to wire up whatever..........

Archived