Gibson Brands Forums

Guitarists/Musicians Wanted!

Lowdown

Ok here is something you folks might work with. It is me laying down the bass and drums....

.....check it .....see if anyone wants to work with it

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8199568

or I just did this .........might be orrible.......I hav'nt even heard it back.......but I been listning to Nashville *****

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8877120

well def nash poon tang influence............now that I ere it....................darn last beer..............were da mouth wash go

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone who felt like they had to reply to what Hector wrote,leave him the fukc out of it and take it up with me.

He was merely venting what I felt about all the "count me in's" and "what do I have to do's" who specified that they were ready to go yet attempted squat.

This was started as a harmless bit of fun is all. Instead of yacking about how great our wood sounds,why not do a track that I could've been pieced together that we all coulda sat back and had a listen to and shot the **** over? Sheesh.

Man,I'd hate to be counting on you blokes in a knuckle up.

Am I disappointed? **** yeah I am. I had already finished an original that a couple of you requested - that will now go over to LPF.

Did Hector touch a nerve maybe? I think so.He picked up on what I felt could've been,yet died in the arse big time.leave him out of the equation.

As I said...if anyone had any problems/questions - just ask.

Anyway. Enough of this petty bullshit for today. Time to crack a brew.

Over & Out.

Well, well, well...

I just rejoined and came straight into this thread to see what's going on. Whoah! I don't get it guys. Things are only one of the 2 below:

1. You have recording problems (of any kind).

This is perfectly fine. I completely undertand it because I DO as well, which is the reason I could not join the project. If that's the case, my previous comment WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU. So, Kolera and others, I was not aiming at you...[confused][blink]

2. You have absolutely no recording problems. You just refused to step in.

My previous comment was DIRECTLY aimed at you. Yeah, ''theoretically oriented'' is just about right. Too much talk, not enough team spirit, certainly not enough ''fun attitude''.

However, I do have to stress out the fact that my comment generated more replies than Lowdown's invitation for a group recording...! [scared] I guess that there's nothing than a good, old, backyard brawl, eh...? Screw guitar playing...!

Off I go to play my gibby. And have a beer. And then piss it off...

Enjoy the song guys!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhkVTKTBoY[/YOUTUBE]

Well' date=' well, well...

I just rejoined and came straight into this thread to see what's going on. Whoah! I don't get it guys. Things are only one of the 2 below:

This is perfectly fine. I completely undertand it because I DO as well, which is the reason I could not join the project. If that's the case, my previous comment WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU. So, Kolera and others, I was not aiming at you...[confused[blink]

My previous comment was DIRECTLY aimed at you. Yeah, ''theoretically oriented'' is just about right. Too much talk, not enough team spirit, certainly not enough ''fun attitude''.

However, I do have to stress out the fact that my comment generated more replies than Lowdown's invitation for a group recording...! [scared] I guess that there's nothing than a good, old, backyard brawl, eh...? Screw guitar playing...!

Off I go to play my gibby. And have a beer. And then piss it of...

Enjoy the song guys!

I'm busy writing and recording an original...covers are back seat for me.... [blink]

I expressed interest when I thought it would be a true collaboration...a creation of a new song...when I found out it would be a cover, my interest went way down. I just get no joy from playing someone else's song (never mind spending the time to learn and record it)....

P.S. No one should be personally offended if people are not ALL over this....if you are, you need to buck up. It's fine.

The point is, there are people interested and doing it which is great! I look forward to hearing the result.

Hector, in the nicest possible way.

You were making a strong statement yet you are not contributing anything yourself. Leave a statement like that for somebody who can back it up.

Not a brawl. But a reaction of the typical "put up or shut up" approach.

Like we say around here "Just putting the cards on the table".

I am getting excited about this recording thing, I am actually looking at a condenser microphone package but first I must fix my computer, I am away in the Smokey Moutains so I can't do anything right now.

I also did not bring a guitar and it has been raining everyday [crying]

Lowdown, sorry I'm a little late to this whole thing. I just got my recording situation sorted out and I was wondering if it was too late for me to contribute something--this whole project sounds like an awful lot of fun, and I was withholding my comments prior to scrounging up some recording equipment. Now that I can record, I'd like to add something if I could.

Is this still acceptable, and do you have an appropriate place for me?

Here's an example of my playing, just so you know what it sounds like--not the best example, but it kind of works: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1047880&content=music

If you don't like it, let me know and I'll step out of the project. If you liked it, or thought it had potential, let me know and I'll do what I can. I was just posting that to let you know what you'd be in for...although, to be honest, it's different because I'd only be putting in a single track, instead of four.

Well' date=' well, well...

This is perfectly fine. I completely undertand it because I DO as well, which is the reason I could not join the project. If that's the case, my previous comment WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU. So, Kolera and others, I was not aiming at you...[thumbup#-o

However, I do have to stress out the fact that my comment generated more replies than Lowdown's invitation for a group recording...! [lol] I guess that there's nothing than a good, old, backyard brawl, eh...? Screw guitar playing...!

Off I go to play my gibby. And have a beer. And then piss it off...

Enjoy the song guys!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhkVTKTBoY[/YOUTUBE]

Because most to the members didn't hop onto your bandwagon of fun doesn't make us less of a musician or Gibson owner than you guys. I applaud Lowdown and the others for what they have accomplished. But to bash everybody else is just idiotic.

As for you HECTOR ARCADIUS, (Name translated in US: Anal Pore) you are very full of SH!T. You have a ton of excuses not to jump onto the bandwagon, but when others like yourself can not participate you have to slam them and their nationality. Best advise I can give to you is to drop dead. You would be doing the world a favor. I despise sideline ***-wipes like yourself.

Because most to the members didn't hop onto your bandwagon of fun doesn't make us less of a musician or Gibson owner than you guys. I applaud Lowdown and the others for what they have accomplished. But to bash everybody else is just idiotic.

As for you HECTOR ARCADIUS' date=' (Name translated in US: Anal Pore) you are very full of SH!T. You have a ton of excuses not to jump onto the bandwagon, but when others like yourself can not participate you have to slam them and their nationality. Best advise I can give to you is to drop dead. You would be doing the world a favor. I despise sideline ***-wipes like yourself. [/quote']

Way to overreact...

Hector' date=' in the nicest possible way.

You were making a strong statement yet you are not contributing anything yourself. Leave a statement like that for somebody who can back it up.

Not a brawl. But a reaction of the typical "put up or shut up" approach.

Like we say around here "Just putting the cards on the table".

I am getting excited about this recording thing, I am actually looking at a condenser microphone package but first I must fix my computer, I am away in the Smokey Moutains so I can't do anything right now.

I also did not bring a guitar and it has been raining everyday [crying

Hey Stiffhand,

message noted. All I wanted to do is support Lowdown's initiative because I thought it was really great and that we need more of that in here. The chance offered to jam with some other musicians at the other side of the planet, is not something that we get everyday and, in my humble opinion, was not actually appreciated. Perhaps I was too strong or stepped on some toes but my intention was and remains completely honest. And as for my approach, I was the one advised by fellow-forumites to ''stfu'', ''drop dead'' and ''piss-off'' (not in that order I guess...?[cool] ).

Anyway, this whole thread has gone the wrong direction. It was supposed to be about music and that was what I wanted to support and make sure that it gets continued.

More power to Lowdown.

Lowdown' date=' sorry I'm a little late to this whole thing. I just got my recording situation sorted out and I was wondering if it was too late for me to contribute something--this whole project sounds like an awful lot of fun, and I was withholding my comments prior to scrounging up some recording equipment. Now that I can record, I'd like to add something if I could.

Is this still acceptable, and do you have an appropriate place for me?

Here's an example of my playing, just so you know what it sounds like--not the best example, but it kind of works: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1047880&content=music

If you don't like it, let me know and I'll step out of the project. If you liked it, or thought it had potential, let me know and I'll do what I can. I was just posting that to let you know what you'd be in for...although, to be honest, it's different because I'd only be putting in a single track, instead of four.[/quote']

stand by.................see what you can throw on one of the base links above and post it back ....

Hector' date=' in the nicest possible way.

[/quote']

In Hector's defence SH -

Well' date=' I do have my laptop. I've been advised by ShredAStaire before that all I need is a USB interface, just to plug my guitar into and that I can use Audacity for free (as a basic setup). But just let's say that, financially speaking, this is certainly NOT the month to add expenses on the home budget...[crying']

''Further on up the road'' I will join ya fellas...! Promise!:-

Looking forward to something from you SH[thumbup]

I'm busy writing and recording an original...covers are back seat for me.... :)

I expressed interest when I thought it would be a true collaboration...a creation of a new song...when I found out it would be a cover' date=' my interest went way down. I just get no joy from playing someone else's song (never mind spending the time to learn and record it)....

P.S. No one should be personally offended if people are not ALL over this....if you are, you need to buck up. It's fine.

The point is, there [u']are[/u] people interested and doing it which is great! I look forward to hearing the result.

PM noted Shred and thought it best to reply in the open domain as it were.

I'm sorry mate,but I don't buy into that at all. You won't JAM on a cover?! That's a fairly elitist view to take don't you think mate? Seriously,I wonder where our heroes ala Zeppelin/Stones/Holly et al would be today were it not for the humble cover song.

As I said previously,all this BS that has happened is the exact reason I went for a cover - to see the reaction and participation/interest that would be generated.

But fine,you want a cover? I'll give you a cover.[smile]

Anyway for something that was supposed to be a fun project for us all to get together,I can not agree more with Hector's comment on the whole fiasco/storm in a tea-cup.

XD,

as soon as I put the new original up please by all means mate jump aboard.[confused] It's never too late.

Interest appreciated.

Now on with the show...Blackie:-({|= ...

said and told by Mr Lowdown............now get back to work those that have the ability to get along with others !

All my uploads are available for colaboration.......if posted back here.........my recovery melody is copywrited so you

don't want to steal that one for your own proffit etc. .....also I won't hire a lawyer I will take that money and come

right to you ,,,,, and as the......Hells Angels say..........hurt you if you rip us off.

PM noted Shred and thought it best to reply in the open domain as it were.

I'm sorry mate' date='but I don't buy into that at all. You won't [u']JAM[/u] on a cover?! That's a fairly elitist view to take don't you think mate? Seriously,I wonder where our heroes ala Zeppelin/Stones/Holly et al would be today were it not for the humble cover song.

As I said previously,all this BS that has happened is the exact reason I went for a cover - to see the reaction and participation/interest that would be generated.

Oh for crying out loud. There's nothing wrong with covers....it's not elitist at all...I'm nowhere near good enough to be an elitist. I simply do not enjoy playing other people's songs as much as i enjoy writing and performing my own. I don't know how else to say that...I take nothing away from the people that do enjoy it. I enjoy listening to the results of this type of thing.

I'm a rhythm player that wants to riff...in that song, it seems to me as there wasn't much room for any additional rhythm tracks etc....i don't really want to solo over a song. Would you choose spend time doing something you didn't love doing? That's my point of view and i'm sorry if that makes me seem elitist.

My comments weren't meant to put anyone down....

Have fun you guys.

OK Shred I hear ya.....I only play my own stuff.......and the lead I threw up ......put on Lows base was mine .......

I mean I have no idea what rocky mountain way is supposed to go like...........and it did'nt matter .........this about playin

and such............so I am open to all collaboration.........so lets do something

...So...we're not doing "Rocky Mountain Way"?

Alright...I really wanted to do something with that' date=' but that's fine. I'll wait until the new track is up.[/quote']

we are doing all of it....not just one thing......you go for whatever you would like

So all I gotta do is import Lowdown's mp3 to my "Audacity", and play something to it? Then keep what I played, and email the .WAV file, or did you want it (what I played) mp3'ed? "Rocky Mountain Way"?

Archived