Gibson Brands Forums

Guitarists/Musicians Wanted!

Lowdown

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it would be harder' date=' but I would much rather create something new than make a cover...is anyone else open to that or am I on my own? hehehe[/quote']

That would be my preference.

Thundergod tried getting this together a few months back, but never got it off the ground. I hope this one works.

I'm in.

do i really need to sign up to download[confused]

OK duane. Trust you of all people to wanna do things your way.[blink]

Just upload your file with and without the backing track here or however you choose to do it.

Just as long as it's able to be uploaded OK.

EDIT: Sorry' date='just re-read you post...not sure if you have to sign up,but why not anyway? It's a hell of a lot easier to do things that way and a good way to spread your music and makes a good file storage-can also sell your music there too if you look into it.

If you're not happy going down that road - send me an e-mail address and I'll send it to you that way OK. let me know mate.

So...has anyone had a chance to put anything down or dicked around with it yet?

I really hope that this will get off the ground.

Just give the song I've posted a try first already huh?[blink

Then we'll try something original.

Pan' date='what do you have? PC? Maybe I/someone can help?[/quote']

Well, I do have my laptop. I've been advised by ShredAStaire before that all I need is a USB interface, just to plug my guitar into and that I can use Audacity for free (as a basic setup). But just let's say that, financially speaking, this is certainly NOT the month to add expenses on the home budget...[thumbup]

''Further on up the road'' I will join ya fellas...! Promise![thumbup]

Here you go Blackie. Turn it up loud.

Thanx for knuckling down so quick and getting in on this mate.:-

Don't know exactly where you were playing over as the time line got a bit screwed up but I comped and dropped it in where I thought it should be.

Great stuff man.[wink]

With a bit of luck the rest of you might get off yer bums and have a stab.[biggrin]

Here Ya Go

No real lead or what you might expect, and it really sounds off without the backing track.

I come in withe piano, but that's just so the engineer can time the track, the rest is for you to mix in and out as you please. If you don't like it I'll do something else [biggrin]

Fun Idea lowdown [wink] :-

Here Ya Go

No real lead or what you might expect' date=' and it really sounds off without the backing track.

I come in withe piano, but that's just so the engineer can time the track, the rest is for you to mix in and out as you please. If you don't like it I'll do something else [biggrin

Fun Idea lowdown [cool][biggrin]

Very nice tone FirstMeasure! I can't wait to listen to it after Shaun's mix! [thumbup]

Also:

BUMP!

Here you go Blackie. Turn it up loud.

Thanx for knuckling down so quick and getting in on this mate.[cool]

Don't know exactly where you were playing over as the time line got a bit screwed up but I comped and dropped it in where I thought it should be.

Great stuff man.[wink]

With a bit of luck the rest of you might get off yer bums and have a stab.[cool]

Here is where I recorded it at originaly http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8862727

but your the producer / engineer .........so juggle as needed ........my levels are off on the quick reference mix

Very nice tone FirstMeasure! I can't wait to listen to it after Shaun's mix! [cool]

Also:

BUMP!

Thanks Hector[biggrin] That's my Nighthawk through a Fender Stage 100 recorded with an MXL Condeser mic on a Fostex MR-8 MkII.

Can't wait to hear it myself.

Ok, i'm thinking that too many cooks may spoil this broth....can't hear many opportunities to add MORE guitar....(unless you wanted to just split up people's solos - like chop em up frankenstein style)...

I guess i'm not sure where to start....Lowdown, can you give me some direction hehe? Be a good producer lol!!

Ok' date=' i'm thinking that too many cooks may spoil this broth....can't hear many opportunities to add MORE guitar....(unless you wanted to just split up people's solos - like chop em up frankenstein style)...

I guess i'm not sure where to start....Lowdown, can you give me some direction hehe? Be a good producer lol!![/quote']

The only rules here are to have fun and lock in with the time line. Makes it a hell of a lot easier on me is all.[wink]

I'm thinking of just jamming on the whole song sans vox now. That way everyone who wants to contribute has whatever they want to choose to play against.

One exception - since duane already chose 0:45 - 01:06 (the first verse) you can have the second which starts around 01:49 - 02:10. If you want it? You might want something else. Whatever suits you mate.

Now,I'll leave it up to you and work on FM's.:-

OK.

Here's FM dropped in. If you like I can chop that up to sync in better' date='but thought you might like to hear it raw.

Blackie I will have another stab at yours when I get the chance alright.

So...[b']who's next[/b]?[wink]

[cool]COOL[thumbup] I like everything but a few of those lick I did totally stepped on Blackie, maybe you could drop those out or fade 'em way back or whatever.

Can't wait to hear the next TRACK!!

Archived