Gibson Brands Forums

Where can you get a TV Yellow Robot Special?

truetone6

• 3 months later...

Guitar Center still has a few in the chain (find a Salesman willing to search their system). I know this because I bought one there a week or two ago. But it was shipped from another store, and had issues when it arrived. It's just been exchanged for another found also in their system. Very cool guitar! (I suggest the extended warranty on this one, it is first generation robot stuff, and they are I think up to Gen. 3 for newer models).

Amazon.com also lists them in stock, but recently changed their price from something like $999.00 to $1699.00

ETA: To be clear, Amazon's price was at $999.00 for at least a month, and jumped to $1699.00 overnight a couple of weeks back (about the same time the Studio 50's Tribute was listed... ).

I'd still suggest talking to Guitar Center. Price, you'll have to get from them. But I think I got a "fair" deal [biggrin]

Fer serious? Damn. Amazon was my source for the $1699.

I was surprised to see it. The clue they gave before it was active was something about a unique guitar from a big name, so I assumed it was the Reverse Flying V, which they've done twice before.

I didn't get to see what it was until many hours later, and was very surprised. I would have been upset that I missed it if I actually had $900 to spend.

I was surprised to see it. The clue they gave before it was active was something about a unique guitar from a big name' date=' so I assumed it was the Reverse Flying V, which they've done twice before.

I didn't get to see what it was until many hours later, and was very surprised. I would have been upset that I missed it if I actually had $900 to spend.[/quote']

I was surprised to be getting it - I've never been a fan of Gibson. Hence my inclination to get rid of this one.

I was surprised to see it. The clue they gave before it was active was something about a unique guitar from a big name' date=' so I assumed it was the Reverse Flying V, which they've done twice before.

I didn't get to see what it was until many hours later, and was very surprised. I would have been upset that I missed it if I actually had $900 to spend.[/quote']

Well, as I said above, they had them listed for only $999.00 until a couple of weeks ago. And that price was there for at least a month, maybe two. Let me check something... can't find the mint used one that sold on eBay for a bit over $900, which made me aware of these. That should mean it was more than three months ago. At that point, I found them on Amazon.com for the above price. Maybe they just raised it so they could "blow it out' at the lowered price?

Shoot' date=' really? Guess I'll have to take mine down to $1499, then. My girlfriend says I should hang onto it until they stop making them so I can sell it as a collectible for three grand or so. Ha![/quote']

Yea, but with all these new robot guitars like the Dark Fire, Dusk Tiger and 2010 Les Paul Standard, I doubt this one will becoma a collectible, new technology on the mentioned guitars will prevent that.

Plus any robot guitars they bring out in the future, by the time that would be collectible enough to increase in value, the technology on them will far surpass the technology on the LP Special.

But who knows, maybe it will?

Archived