Gibson Brands Forums

Bad month coming

Flight959

Guys,

I have had an awesome couple of weeks... I have been on a Roll with my guitars and at one point I felt on a mission. I have managed to fit loads of playing time in with lots of learning and some cool new riffs.... I have finally managed to really connect with my Amp this week finding her sweet spot which I had never before managed to find...

I hurt my neck this week, dont know how but i did.... I almost had to call an Ambulance last night as I was in such agony. Went to the doctors twice today only to be given loads of pills and signed of work for the next few weeks. Im now buzzing my **** off with all these tablets and the pain is still there. I cant turn my head or put it forward or backward, I cant even put a guitar on my lap... Im so pi55ed now! I have all this time off and cant continue to utilise it and carry on my playing sucess...

Sorry guys, just had to moan...

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Regards

I had severe neck pain a few years ago aggrivated by playing my LP. Cause: arthritis (bone spur on a vertabra). Cortazone tablets were the only thing short of surgery that worked. Haven't had any problems that bad since.

Hey Flight

I feel your pain. I've had a neck issue as you described. Can't turn your

head have to rotate your whole body. Like you said you don't know what

you did. Been there. It usually only lasts 4 to 6 days for me. Hopefully

you did hurt it to bad. I just took advil didn't care for the buzz for the other

pills from the doc. Here's to a fast recovery.

CW

Hey Flight

I feel your pain. I've had a neck issue as you described. Can't turn your

head have to rotate your whole body. Like you said you don't know what

you did. Been there. It usually only lasts 4 to 6 days for me. Hopefully

you did hurt it to bad. I just took advil didn't care for the buzz for the other

pills from the doc. Here's to a fast recovery.

CW

THANKS ALL,

Cwness,

Did the same thing this time last year... Had just over four months off work.... My Doctor doesn't seem to give a fu*k... Time for a change me thinks...

Regards

Damn.... Hope you get over it quickly. You don't know how you did it?

No mate no idea at all. I havent had the pleasure of rolling around on the street with anyone for a while... It just started over a week ago and got worse and worse....

All the Meds do is make me want to sleep....

Im Changing doctors this week and have been advised to have a CT Scan to check or investigate whats going on.... Fingers Crossed nothing serious...

Regards and thanks all!

Simon

Has the doctor made any indications to what it may be? Sometimes they'll guess and be dead on or other times they'll be way off. Ct Scan should show something and I hope it does but nothing serious.

I"m thinking maybe bulging disks in the neck. Pinched nerves or might just be pulled muscles. I'd also be curious to know how your shoulders have been.... Shoulders and your neck to go hand in hand you know. Maybe see if they can scan that too, might be surprised.

The pain runs down the left hand side of my neck into my shoulder. If I try and put my head forward I get a sharp pain all the way down to roughly where my shoulder blade is... When the pains at its worse, I also feel quite sick... The doctor just says I have a stiff neck, but I know its more than that... He has ruled out a trapped nerve...

Regards

Archived