Gibson Brands Forums

The Songwriter's Showcase Set

Buc McMaster

Last night I was reminded why I took off my gigging boots three years ago and haven't been back. The reasons are many, among them the general mayhem of a club scene accompanied by copious quantities of alcohol and the odd, unexpected circumstances that often complicate infrequent live presentations. Not complaining, mind you, just acknowledging the reality of the situation. There was no HD video shot as promised, and that's fine by me.........the camera never lies and I was relieved in some measure not to have these truthtellers present! It went well, plowed through nine originals without incident and was very well recieved by the hooping and hollering St Patrick's Day crowd. They passed the hat and I came home with 80 bucks for my efforts - cool! My lovely wife shot a few grainy photos of the event, a few of which she emailed to my office this morning and appear here, the only record of the event.

hideaway1.JPGhideaway2.JPG

I was also reminded of how much I enjoy my SJ200!

I think we've all experienced a bit of what that Creedence Clearwater Revival song was talking about:

If I only had a dollar

For every song I've sung

And every time I've had to play

While people sat there drunk

You know I'd catch the next train

Back to where I live

Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again

St. Patrick's Day would be a tough night to do a songwriter night, unless you came to rock the joint hard.

Man; really makes you appreciate the mood of playing in someone's living room. Glad you got out there, though.

Will

Archived