Gibson Brands Forums

Black Light Question.

deepblue

A certain type of UV light:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light

My dog had been losing patches of fur. The vet turned out all the lights in the exam room then turned on a hand held black light. The dog lit up like a Christmas tree. She had a fungal infection and the spores emitted by the infection glowed an amazingly bright green color. He gave her, and us, some medications and in a week the fungus was gone.

Is the black light we used to have in our rooms as teens the same as a UV light?

There's a couple named after you...

"There is a less common deep-blue-violet lamp with no phosphor and made with special glass (maybe quartz) to transmit the 253.7 nM UVC (shortwave UV) mercury line. These lamps are generally used to make fluorescent rocks glow."

"There are incandescent bulbs made with deep violet-blue bulbs which largely filter out visible light. Longer UVA wavelengths get through the glass and are not blocked by the dark colored filter dye. Most visible violet and some visible blue light get through, as well as a wide range of infrared and the longest, less visible of visible red wavelengths. Some traces of other visible wavelengths get through."

http://members.misty.com/don/uvbulb.html

No duh' date=' I had 2 climb into my sleeping bag a few years ago and I am unsure if they were poisonous of not but the minute I saw these guys in there they came out real quick and met their maker PDQ.[/quote']

On a skewer with honey mustard sauce? I hear they taste citrus-y.

They also illuminate scorpions here in the desert - diabolical little bastards...

Are scorpions much of a problem in Arpaiozona? Are they deadly? Or like bees and wasps, just to those who are allergic?

Archived