Gibson Brands Forums

Who are you?

Nick Beach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJJMCccLxU

Well my name is Beach, Nick Beach. I'm 18 and I live in the middle of no where. I'm dying for a new job. I almost started working at GC but my personal beliefs of the customer coming first didn't go with they way they work. I've been playing Gibson for a couple of years, but I've been playing guitar since I was like 5 or 6. Alkaline Trio and Hawthorne Heights changed my life. Everything for me went down hill when I went to my first Ozzfest. I'm currently trying to choose what I want to do for the rest of my life. I'm either going to play guitar, or build guitars. I've got 11 guitars but I'm trying to downsize. I think Mesa's are the greatest things ever, and I would go gay for Paul Reed Smith.

So, Who... R... U

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FZVD5lsAw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FZVD5lsAw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think I worked it out.

Who am I?

Bob Norton, or so they told me all my life anyway. I had no choice in the name.

In the early days of the Internet, I was on a usenet/newsgroup with at least 3 Bob Nortons on it, so I adopted the nickname "Notes" that my sister's business partner called me. Modems were slow, newgroups were text only, and messages were kept short, so "Notes" became a convenient way to tell me from the other Bob Nortons.

I am a professional musician and play All Saxphones (mostly Tenor), wind synthesizer, guitar, flute, bass, keyboard and drums. I've played just about every venue a musician can play, from dives where they passed the hat to warm up and/or back up in concert for the major stars of the day (almost got famous myself, but the lawyers and motown couldn't agree on money so they dropped us).

I also write aftermarket style and fake disks for the auto-accompaniment program, Band-in-a-Box and styles for Microsoft Songsmith. Norton Music

I play in a duo with my wife (when I met here she was singing/playing in another band) and we have done night clubs, yacht clubs, country clubs, cruise ships and even performed by invitation in the People's Republic of China The Sophisticats.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)

? Notes

Born in Toronto and didn't start playing guitar until the age of 21....my first guitar was an Ibanez GAX75 (still got it) and fell in love with the instrument immediately. I've always been in to rock and metal but typically not the stuff you hear on the radio....I don't only listen to rock and metal though, I am a very selective hip hop fan (grew up with Run DMC and Public Enemy).

When I'm not playing guitar, i'm usually watching a good show on TV with the wife, reading a book (i'm a real sci fi nerd), or making beats on my computer.

I work a job that has nothing to do with music but music is my #1 passion.....probably my #2 is working with dogs. I have two dogs and spend a heck of a lot of time with them. They really are my best friends.....not to say I don't have human friends. They all had babies and scattered from the city in all directions so I see them a lot less.

Hmm yeah...thats probably about it.

Nathan, 17 (until April anyways), live in Illinois.

I started playing guitar when I was in 7th grade (however the hell old I was then) played for about a year, was going to play a talent show at my school, but got really sick with pneumonia and was out for a month. Missed the talent show because of it, and for a while, I couldn't bring myself to play guitar. Two years ago, I heard about the guitar program at my school and how the teacher was a really cool guy. Started playing again, now play a couple shows with some friends (mainly around school, but hoping to possibly get out more)

I really love playing guitar, its really a joy for me. A way to express myself and have fun at the same time. Other than guitar, I do a lot of firearms training. It's a blast for me, I have been shooting since I was 5, started doing more defensive training about 4 years ago, and I am trying to decide right now whether to pursue that as a career or something else. Through my dad, I do know a lot of professional firearms trainers and have build up a library of knowledge, but I am not sure yet.

I also write a lot. I am Editor of my school newspaper and that has brought nothing but headaches, but I love it :-k

That's me. Oh, and I am an internet troll, especially on this site [love]

My apologies for not adhering to the topic' date=' BUT just a quick question guys. How do you put the videos in?[/quote']

BB_1.jpg

Select Youtube, paste your youtube link between the bracketed items.

From Photobucket, just paste the link, if your video is there.

In keeping with the Batman/Superhero line of thinking....

For the purposes of this thread, I will remain attired on my usual NeoConMan leotard, tights and cape.

superhero.jpg

www.neoconman.com

Those of you who know me after I change out in the phone booth can call me Dave.

Archived