Gibson Brands Forums

Murph

Silenced Fred

I don't like modeling guitars, and I don't like modeling amps. I like to create the tone myself, with a real pickup, and real tube amps, even rectifier.

I think the ES-339 is the best new guitar to come out in a long time. As much as I love a 335, I REALLY dislike the size of them. The 339 with '57's is pretty darned close, but still has it's own voice. It'll do everything from Blues to Country to Classic Rock, ect.

I'm a huge fan of the ABR-1 bridge when it comes to sustain. It may not be as durable as a Nashville, but I'm not reckless.

All in all it's still my favorite electric.

Best of luck.

Murph.

I don't like modeling guitars' date=' and I don't like modeling amps. I like to create the tone myself, with a real pickup, and real tube amps, even rectifier.

I think the ES-339 is the best new guitar to come out in a long time. As much as I love a 335, I REALLY dislike the size of them. The 339 with '57's is pretty darned close, but still has it's own voice. It'll do everything from Blues to Country to Classic Rock, ect.

I'm a huge fan of the ABR-1 bridge when it comes to sustain. It may not be as durable as a Nashville, but I'm not reckless.

All in all it's still my favorite electric.

Best of luck.

Murph.[/quote']

So it has held up real well? I like the size as well as the versatility.

Apologies to everyone out there who owns one as well, I first thought of Murph, because I (correct me if I am wrong) but I think he has had his the longest, and gigs with it the most.

Archived