Gibson Brands Forums

my GAS has flared up...again!

S t e v e

Neo- I believe it is the sig guitar for the guy from Slipknot I think (his name is Root I think) and that's his tattoo or something.

thanks fred i never knew that, i'm don't know anything about slipknot so the fact that it's a signature means nothing to me...it is a cool guitar though

thanks fred i never knew that' date=' i'm don't know anything about slipknot so the fact that it's a signature means nothing to me...it is a cool guitar though[/quote']

I don't like it/them either, but I think his name is Mick Thomson, sorry not Jim Root. But yeah, I don't care much for active pickups, but if it works for you, go for it.

It looks cool though. The back of the body looks awesome

To address the Seven on the fret board...

It is the signature guitar for Mick Thompson. Jim Root the other guitar player in slipknot has a signature Fender Tele, and soon to be a sig strat to go with it. But there are nine members in Slipknot, so each one has a number. Mick's number is seven, and he unlike the rest of the band is all about his number. He has it tattooed on his arm and his sig Rivera amp head has his seven logo on it.

Mick also has new set of sig Seymour Duncan blackouts that are now avalable. So his new sig guitars may have his sig pups now too.

Oh and there is a black version of this guitar out. The plus on the black version doesn't have the lame inlay.

Here's Mick...

mick-ibanez.JPG

And Oh again. Mick has a sig Ovation with the same lame inlay.

scaleMT37-5_2.jpg

The back of the guitar is beautiful. The front' date=' not so much... Are those the Seymour Duncan pickups in it? [cool']

you know i think in the other pics i posted the pups have been changed...

Archived