Gibson Brands Forums

What would be your signature guitar?

Silenced Fred

The Virage?

It was made in Japan I thought.

The Virage was made in japan, I don't know about the virage II and all the 33, 55, and 77 series, the 33 is sure to be made in india or china, it's too cheap to be japanese. I just hope the 55, 77, and virage II are made in japan.

My '89 Strat plus is close. I'd want the same specs but set in bird's eye maple neck and fret board. Same 2 piece ash body w/ Lace Sensors (Gold/Silver/Blue). LSR roller nut and Sperzel locking tuners instead of Schallers.

I am almost done modding my explorer they way I'd want it from the factory. I'll post pix when it's done. Just gotta rewire the neck pup.

it'd definitely be my modded '94 lp classic. although, i'd have gibson make the body solid not weight-relieved. it'd have a pair of emg-81 pups, tonepros locking bridge and tail, graphtech graphite saddles, medium jumbo frets, bone nut, sperzel locking tuners, neutrik locking jack, and schaller strap locks....

I would just want a 1959 burst reissue (in a few colors) that is made with the best materials possible and carefully constructed: quality woods, wiring and electronics done with love, and the Page switching options. Basically, my R9 that I have now except made just for me from Gibson.

P3120044.jpg

Archived