Gibson Brands Forums

Nighthawk refinish.

Thundergod

No way to repair the scratch? With an uncommon, and sought-after, guitar like that, I'd be more inclined to repair it than refinish it.

I only refinished my Spirit (which is another one of those not-every-day guitars) because it had already been refinished.

If you are refinishing, though, I'd stick to the factory finishes - and probably stay with the sunburst.

Personal preference, though, would be for that blue. Semi-transparent.

2378753050100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Right on Thunder, now you got one!! Not too many of those on the forum and I've only seen one other one in real life. Seen quite a few Blues Hawks, though.

I'm partial to Heritage Cherry and Amber burst, myself. Not really a big fan of that style of burst that you have now, the dark part is too thin and it doesn't compliment the size and shape of the hawk very well. Makes the body look smaller than it is, and it's already pretty petite.

Not really a big fan of that style of burst that you have now' date=' the dark part is too thin and it doesn't compliment the size and shape of the hawk very well. Makes the body look smaller than it is, and it's already pretty petite.[/quote']

Just what I think about that finish. I think refinishing it in 1 colour only is the way to go... but can't decide on a finish, I'm stuck between red, blue and black.

Archived