Gibson Brands Forums

I've heard people say

Andre S

I don't think there is a good neck joint. Either you have to shave it and loose some structural integrity, or have a nice strong Joint that's hard to navigate.

Jackson and Ibanez have nice playable neck joints, but they Crack all the time.

Fenders in general do not have great access to the upper frets. Les Pauls don't either.

My Explorer has great upper fret access and the neck is shaped like a 60's at that point so it is comfortable to play all the way down there but like First Measure points out i would consider the neck joint as delicate.

There is always a trade off.

Fenders in general do not have great access to the upper frets. Les Pauls don't either.

My Explorer has great upper fret access and the neck is shaped like a 60's at that point so it is comfortable to play all the way down there but like First Measure points out i would consider the neck joint as delicate.

There is always a trade off.

So it seems...

I guess the Les Paul Axcess style joint is best

So it seems...

I guess the Les Paul Axcess style joint is best

Yep but the LP Axcess has a slimmer body and different neck joint angle, at least the version with the tremolo. There is a new Axcess Standard wihtout the tremolo but I am sure it has the same specs as the other model.

Like I said, there is always a trade off.

I tend to adapt to a body shape, I played a Tele quite a bit. Even the harsh angle where your right forearm rested, I got used to it.

Other than single coils, my second biggest complaint about a Tele is the single volume/single tone knob. I like the option to blend pickups, and adjust tones on the fly.

I tend to adapt to a body shape' date=' I played a Tele quite a bit. Even the harsh angle where your right forearm rested, I got used to it.

Other than single coils, my second biggest complaint about a Tele is the single volume/single tone knob. I like the option to blend pickups, and adjust tones on the fly.

[/quote']

I dunno if it was because it was the display model, the dust, it wasn't set up right or the amp ( some solid state thing) I didn't like the tele much...

It didn't really click..maybe its because I never really had GAS for a tele.

It didn't really click..maybe its because I never really had GAS for a tele.

The Tele is a cheap, durable guitar. The original only had 1 pickup. It was designed by a guy that didn't even play guitar. They work, ya know. I played one for a while because I was doing some Country work, and it was expected.

Contrast this to a Les Paul. It was designed by a guitar player/inventor, and one of the best pickers in his day.

I'm with Murph (well it's not like I ever disagree with him...he he he). With time I think anyone can get used to any guitar. For example, the 339 was a completely different feel for me, but once I got I used to it I loved it even more...

Yup...I didn't like my acoustic at first because of the 25.5 scale but now, I like it a lot more

and love it with new strings that don't die after one friggin' day like those freaking martin strings!!!

I need a new brand.

I played Strats (and a Tele that I didn't like) for 24 years before coming back to LP's and neither is perfect for upper register acxess.

I don't spend much time it the 'Tree-tops', however, so it's of no real consequence to me.

The easiest guitar I've played in them there parts is my brother's late '78 Ibanez Artist. Similar to a LP axcess in that it has a dressed away neck/body area but it's fundamental problem was an overly-heavy neck-body balance which made it almost impossible to wear on a strap (apparently Ibanez changed it later from a 24 fret- to a 22 fret instrument in part to rectify this situation).

Archived