Gibson Brands Forums

SSS or HSS?

Silenced Fred

Want to assemble a Strat' date=' in your opinion, should I go with a SSS or HSS? I want Antiquity single coils, and I am undecided for Humbucker if thats what I put in.

Suggestions?[/quote']

SSS

The Lace sensor pups are supposed to be good.

Some artists use it as they buy it as in no mods. Clapton uses fender's vintage noiseless I believe on his signature models.

SSS

The Lace sensor pups are supposed to be good.

Some artists use it as they buy it as in no mods. Clapton uses fender's vintage noiseless I believe on his signature models.

I find (for me) vintage noiseless pickups to be just that, noiseless. I don't like them that much

I find (for me) vintage noiseless pickups to be just that' date=' noiseless. I don't like them that much[/quote']

lol

you played a strat with one or did you listen to them online?

Check out the Lace pups

If I'm not mistaken someone here installed them in his strat.

lol

you played a strat with one or did you listen to them online?

Check out the Lace pups

If I'm not mistaken someone here installed them in his strat.

Played one, and didn't really like it.

I'm probably gonna go with SSS, keep it standard strat style

Murph, bite me. Why you hating on Strats?

Played one' date=' and didn't really like it.

I'm probably gonna go with SSS, keep it standard strat style

Murph, bite me. Why you hating on Strats?[/quote']

damnit...

I can't play any here..gotta rely on youtube..sighs

never failed me yet though!

damnit...

I can't play any here..gotta rely on youtube..sighs

never failed me yet though!

I bought a Swollen Pickle off of reviews on youtube, want an Orange off of reviews. Finally got to play this one kid's Tiny Terror, and cranked, it rocks!

I bought a Swollen Pickle off of reviews on youtube' date=' want an Orange off of reviews. Finally got to play this one kid's Tiny Terror, and cranked, it rocks![/quote']

Oh yea, hows the swollen pickle working out now?

Got a tone from it you like?

Its a fuzz right?

I like the tone that Bonamassa gets from the Pork Loin and TS 808 combo, so I've been thinking along those lines.

I'd go sss... mostly 'cuz that's a "real" strat sound.

What I've got against the strat is the neck. Ditto the tele. On occasion I love the sound of either - but I've never cared for the necks at all, at all. But by the same token, I feel the same way about Martin necks I've handled.

m

Oh yea' date=' hows the swollen pickle working out now?

Got a tone from it you like?

Its a fuzz right?

I like the tone that Bonamassa gets from the Pork Loin and TS 808 combo, so I've been thinking along those lines.[/quote']

Getting good sounds, I don't know what was wrong with me before.

M- I love the necks! The only thing I am thinking about is a hum just for versatility, but idk how much I would use it

Getting good sounds' date=' I don't know what was wrong with me before.

M- I love the necks! The only thing I am thinking about is a hum just for versatility, but idk how much I would use it[/quote']

Thats why you have your gibson.

Besides, since this is an assembly project, you could add in a TBX circuit like what clapton has, that is controlled by one of the knobs. I read that this was to add a humbucker type tone to his strat,

Thats why you have your gibson.

Besides' date=' since this is an assembly project, you could add in a TBX circuit like what clapton has, that is controlled by one of the knobs. I read that this was to add a humbucker type tone to his strat,[/quote']

+1, its like you read my mind. When I wrote that, I thought... "I could use the LP...."

SSS is the way to go. And +1 for lace sensors' date=' you should also look at EMG SSS sets, they are great, sound like a true single coil (unlike, say, fender vintage noiseless and samarium cobalt pups) and they are noise free.[/quote']

I'll have to check out the Lace Sensors. Right now, I am leaning toward the Antiquity 50s singe coils. I never liked the Noiseless pickups, they really are noiseless. I just don't like 'em.

GLP1319- You stalking me man? [blink] Not cool [bored]

Archived