Gibson Brands Forums

californians, do you have any respect for this man?

S t e v e

Those are Five Men' date=' which one do you mean? Did something happen out here to prompt the Question?[/quote']

haha arnie! i think he's a cool guy for taking part in that video...crap film but great song :-

Funny state, California...

They could NOT wait until the next election to get rid of Gray Doofus so they spent

hundreds of millions of dollars for a recall election to throw him out.

Then they do what?

Bring in Ahnod to fix everything with his vast experience and expertise.....

And we all know that he's a 'conservative' - something California needs - and wanted supposedly.

What does Goveenah Ahnod do?

Everything Gray Doofus did, plus more, much, much worse.

24 billion in debt, mailing out IOUs instead of tax refund checks to its citizens.

Meanwhile non-citizens are getting more and more free rides - 20% are illegal?

I was born there - left shortly after and never went back.

I'm close enough in Arizona to enjoy the endless parade of California license plates.

People have been leaving that state in droves for a decade - it ain't slowing down.

Always liked that AC/DC song though...

Phil Rudd is an incredible drummer!

Love the way he lays down a solid rhythm. Keeps unnecessary fills to a minimum.

Just kidding.

No I can't stand what Arnold has become.

Liked him better as a B-rate actor.

Oh and by the way, he's no where near the B-rate actor Gov. Ronald Reagan was.

Reagan got things done in California. It was tough love for many, but it pulled us out of spiraling debt and a dependancy of social welfare.

What with how pristine the politics are in Arizona, it's no wonder to me why some get so fixated on California's goofyness.

Anyone here seen any of the ads by the contenders? They both seem a little lacking in logical thought... It'll be as much fun to watch as it always is.

Why you....

I oughta....

Oooohhhh............!!!!!!!!

You're absolutely right.

[biggrin]

You know it's an Alice In Wonderland upside-down world when people here think John McCain is the answer.

Don't like McStain? Then we have ulra-conservative (for his radio show) Hayworth - a real goober.

Conservative Gov. Jan Brewer is as 'conservative' as Ahnod, more taxes, more taxes....

What the fxck did you do with all the money you already took in when it was raining from the skies?

Janet Napolitano, well, she left the Gov. Mansion to run off and join the Circus in D.C.

She did such a great job ignoring the Mexican border and all the crime.

So great, in fact - they made her Homeland Security Chief - uh, Chieftess?

Her gender was always in doubt here, maybe in D.C. she can finally get that operation...

There are some good folks here running for office, but they don't seem to last long.

Thinking about getting more involved with politics myself, may start looking at an office....

McCain has Palin watching his back...

That oughta pretty much kill her credibility among the Small Gov/Constitutionalist crowd.

Did it for me.

I was behind her 100% until she started stumping for him on the campaign trail.

She'd have been better off surviving a sex tape scandal - at least some people would want to see that....

The only person who wants to see her with McCain is McCain himself.

His own staff doesn't even want her around - witness their Prez campaign in 2008.

Ah well, I'm not good at things political - I couldn't argue my way out of a paper sack.

But that woman could be talking about the end of global warming AND cancer, and I wouldn't be able to hear it just for that gawd-awful accent.

You betcha!

That oughta pretty much kill her credibility among the Small Gov/Constitutionalist crowd.

Did it for me.

I was behind her 100% until she started stumping for him on the campaign trail.

She'd have been better off surviving a sex tape scandal - at least some people would want to see that....

The only person who wants to see her with McCain is McCain himself.

His own staff doesn't even want her around - witness their Prez campaign in 2008.

talkin of john mcCain...

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Phil Rudd is an incredible drummer!

Love the way he lays down a solid rhythm. Keeps unnecessary fills to a minimum.

Just kidding.

They guy in the vid isn't Phil Rudd, I don't remember the guys name but it's the guy who played on the live album.

As for California, it is my favorite place to go. I keep saying I'm going to move out to LA and live in West Hollywood. Just never seem to have the time to make a go of it.

They guy in the vid isn't Phil Rudd' date=' I don't remember the guys name but it's the guy who played on the live album.

As for California, it is my favorite place to go. I keep saying I'm going to move out to LA and live in West Hollywood. Just never seem to have the time to make a go of it.[/quote']

Chris Slade, he was also the Drummer for "The Firm".

Move on out here, man. Nothing better than a day at The Carvin and Mesa boogie shops followed by a Chili Cheese Burger at the Sunset Grill. Then, of course, a walk through the Hollywood guitar center. Last time I was there (many moons ago) they had Jimmy Page's Double Neck in Glass Case.

Chris Slade' date=' he was also the Drummer for "The Firm".

Move on out here, man. Nothing better than a day at The Carvin and Mesa boogie shops followed by a Chili Cheese Burger at the Sunset Grill. Then, of course, a walk through the Hollywood guitar center. Last time I was there (many moons ago) they had Jimmy Page's Double Neck in Glass Case. [/quote']

Yup Chris Slade, he was one of those guys that they had after Phil left, I can't remember exactly how many they had but I know it was at least three. But I for one am glad Phil is back in the band.

I love LA man, I've probably been out there 40 times. But the fact that I spend so much time on the road I have very little time to dedicate to moving across country. But my lease is up in a couple of months and I plan to renew it for another year, and I'll be on the road for at least four months after that, but then I want to take time off and stay home get a job in town and just save up cash, sell most of my things, and pack everything I want to keep in my car and move to LA when my next lease is over.

Your right about the Mesa shop. I play Mesa's so getting to go there was one of the coolest things ever. I've never been to Carvin's place, but the Taylor shop is pretty sweet.

Yup Chris Slade' date=' he was one of those guys that they had after Phil left, I can't remember exactly how many they had but I know it was at least three. But I for one am glad Phil is back in the band.

I love LA man, I've probably been out there 40 times. But the fact that I spend so much time on the road I have very little time to dedicate to moving across country. But my lease is up in a couple of months and I plan to renew it for another year, and I'll be on the road for at least four months after that, but then I want to take time off and stay home get a job in town and just save up cash, sell most of my things, and pack everything I want to keep in my car and move to LA when my next lease is over.

Your right about the Mesa shop. I play Mesa's so getting to go there was one of the coolest things ever. I've never been to Carvin's place, but the Taylor shop is pretty sweet.

[/quote']

The Carvin store is right up the block from the Mesa store. I forgot Taylor had a Store Front, haven't been in there yet. There's also a Vintage Guitar Shop with nothing but Vintage Guitars covering two story high walls. I could have spent the night there.

Next time you're in the neighborhood, you have to eat at the Sunset Grill if you haven't already. If you want to be a dork, listen to Don Henley's "Sunset Grill" on the way there, that song is actually about that restaurant.

Archived