Gibson Brands Forums

DiMarzio Cables...

Silenced Fred

I hate mine. Before everyone jumps all over me or whatever, it does what a cable is supposed to do: transfer the sound. The damn thing won't stop getting all tangled up while I'm playing. #-o

Seriously? Is there anything I can do for braided cables to keep them from winding around themselves?

My only problem with it is tangling up, but it does it all the time.

Axe...

Not so much today, perhaps... but in the day... <grin>

I will say that I do not recommend doing jump-spin kicks with guitar unless you've gone wireless.

Seriously, I guess even my stage antics in my younger days were done with certain things in mind like not knocking over mike stands or bashing the bass player with my peg head or tripping on cords.

Hmmmm. Just thought of a cupla antics in my younger rock band days where I did have to be extra careful, but... perhaps those are tales best told outside such a forum as this....

m

Stop turning in circles or at least turn one way and then turn another way;

Do you untangle them or let them go like some people let the phone cord go?

Yep.

Don't roll them up in a ball.

I lay mine on the floor next to my amp in a "figure 8" so when it feeds out it won't twist.

NEVER wrap them and store them in a little wadded-up bundle of snakes.

Yep.

Don't roll them up in a ball.

I lay mine on the floor next to my amp in a "figure 8" so when it feeds out it won't twist.

NEVER wrap them and store them in a little wadded-up bundle of snakes.

Never do that [blink]

I wrap it up the proper way. I don't spin in circles or anything like that. I stand in my room and play. It's a 18 foot cable and I'm about 5 feet from my amp, so there is extra cable, and when I look down, its always got little loops in it.

I will have to check out Neutrik and Elixir

Never do that

You're turning the same direction all the time.

I do it myself - rarely turn to the left to avoid bumping the headstock on anything.

Unplug the guitar, roll/shake out the twists, plug it back in.

Repeat as needed.

One thing I've done is take the cord and leave it in my car over night...the cold (if it's cold) helps them some how....ya you guys think I'm even more weird now but try it and let me know [biggrin] Just helps to keep them from looping...

Archived