Gibson Brands Forums

Any suggestions for a MINI recorder???

onewilyfool

I would like to do some recording, to help songwriting, maybe MP3'S for friends, youtube, etc. Anyone have one of those mini systems that is EASY TO USE???? They all look a bit, how to say, non-intuitive.....would like any feedback/suggestions...thanks, Wily

Well, "low" is a rather relative term, but as you're spending your money on Gibsons as compared to much less costly guitars, I'm going to recommend that you investigate Sony's offerings. The recordings that I've posted here have been made with one of these little Sony units — I have the PCM-D50 model. Since I've owned mine, Sony has released the PCM-M10 which has received fantastic reviews. I believe that they can now be found for around $250 or so. I think the sound quality offered by the Sony units is really good and I've found the model that I own to be very easy to use.

Just my $.02.

Good luck!

Guth

I bought the Zoom H2 and haven't had much time to mess with it. It sounds good, but isn't simple.

They pack too many options into this new sh1t and it makes it a pain to use. Too time consuming, ya know, tiny little screens, multi purpose buttons, sheeze.

I also have a Tascam DP-01 FX with cobwebs on it. I'm going to get back into it soon.

I can't (won't) post any clips because I have dialup, and am already well into middle age........

[cool]

They pack too many options into this new sh1t and it makes it a pain to use. Too time consuming' date=' ya know, tiny little screens, multi purpose buttons, sheeze.[/quote']

Yep. I'm no technically dummy, but I have to stop and think how to operate my Tascam from time to time. Amazing how many people haven't figured out what made the iPod so popular.

OWF....I agree on the Zoom H2. While it can be a bit complicated if you want to get fancy, if you do take a little time upfront to RTFM and decide what you want to do with ..i.e. record as MP3 using the built in mics..it can be fairly simple.

The first little while I had mine the interface didn't make too much sense but surprisingly after reading the manual I was able to easily record. And after the initial set up of things like record using .wav or .mp3 and quality setting....it keeps that info and you just record.

Bang for buck for general recording it is a deal!

I have a Zoom H4n and its easy just plug and go or BAtt . It does have many features and you can multi track and do a lot more then live record.

The fact is for live stereo recording its very simple and the quality is excellent.

Its easy to interface with a PC and making CD's is a snap.

If your one who does NOT like to read a Manuel you can get a DVD tutorial (i did) that will show and tell you more then you want to know. I paid $299 for one with a remote , 32gig card , tripod.

I love it, to me for what I use it for its perfect.

The new Zoom Q3 is about $200 or so and you can do both Video AND audio of outstanding quality. Very easy to use.

Archived