Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Macca, shut up and sing

ZenKen

We love you man. You are one of the great cultural figures of the 20 century. But don't come here and use the stage at the frickin White House for crying out loud to espouse your views on American politics. [biggrin]

I personally have no problem with him doing this. If an American musician wants to go to 10 Downing Street and complain about a past English administration, so be it.

I am more upset that he sang "Ebony and Ivory"; I find that much more insulting. [biggrin]

We love you man. You are one of the great cultural figures of the 20 century. But don't come here and use the stage at the frickin White House for crying out loud to espouse your views on American politics. [biggrin]

I'm SURE the prez was thinking about ways to "plug the damn hole" all during the private concert by Macca!

He did not make a political comment per se, which would be questionable in some people's view, he thought it appropriate to question the intellengence of George Bush and by extension, all of the Americans who voted for him. Now I'm not a George Bush fan at all but for Macca to think it appropriate to make such a comment and presume to speak for "billions around the world" (how idiotic is that part of the statement), on the soil of a land more responsible for HIS billions than any other is just not cool.

And let Nuge make a similar comment at #10 Downing street and see what happens. He'd better have his compound bow with him to fend off the loonies.

Like I said "Shut up and sing" [biggrin]

And let Nuge make a similar comment at #10 Downing street and see what happens. He'd better have his compound bow with him to fend off the loonies.

[biggrin]

If Ted Nugent were to show up and fend off loonies with his compound bow, the first shot should be at himself. Talk about a guy who should shut up and sing. Wait...thinking...don't care for his music...never mind.

He did not make a political comment per se' date=' which would be questionable in some people's view, he thought it appropriate to question the intellengence of George Bush and by extension, all of the Americans who voted for him. Now I'm not a George Bush fan at all but for Macca to think it appropriate to make such a comment and presume to speak for "billions around the world" (how idiotic is that part of the statement), on the soil of a land more responsible for HIS billions than any other is just not cool.

Like I said "Shut up and sing" [cool

In all fairness, Macca does live part time in the States (Arizona) and pays taxes.

I agree though, it wasnt the time or place for such a comment.

He did not make a political comment per se' date=' which would be questionable in some people's view, he thought it appropriate to question the intellengence of George Bush and by extension, all of the Americans who voted for him. Now I'm not a George Bush fan at all but for Macca to think it appropriate to make such a comment and [b']presume to speak for "billions around the world" (how idiotic is that part of the statement), on the soil of a land more responsible for HIS billions than any other is just not cool[/b].

Like I said "Shut up and sing" [cool]

Well said ZenKen.

If Paul supports Obama, he must have been lost, on that "Long and Winding Road," without a cell phone, blackburry,

or any other communication's device?!! I love you, man...but "Pull your head out!" What we need now, is a "Revolution!"

Not to just "Let It Be!" That's how we got into this mess, in the first place...we (too often) "Let it Be," IMHO.

That's all...

CB

If Paul supports Obama' date=' he must have been lost, on that "Long and Winding Road," without a cell phone, blackburry,

or any other communication's device?!! I love you, man...but "Pull your head out!" What we need now, is a "Revolution!"

Not to just "Let It Be!" That's how we got into this mess, in the first place...we (too often) "Let it Be," IMHO.

That's all...

CB[/quote']

Well said, "Rocky Raccoon"!

If you think he is out spoken' date=' you should hear his ex-Wife. A militant bunny boiler.[/quote']

When people called her a gold digger she said she had never even heard of the Beatles.

At that point she should have been taken in for questioning...because she, like bin laden has been

living in cave for many years...perhaps they crossed paths?

Look I'm the biggest Macca fan going but it was not the proper time and it will be interesting how much of it will make it to the PBS special.

Strange for a guy that prides himself on his LOVE message to take shots at others. Wasn't funny and comes across as another spoiled billionaire. This from the same guy that cried foul when people made fun of his wife's terrible off key singing.

Hmmmm a little different when you're the one getting poked at.

Show some class Paul.

When people called her a gold digger she said she had never even heard of the Beatles.

At that point she should have been taken in for questioning...because she' date=' like bin laden has been

living in cave for many years...perhaps they crossed paths?[/quote']

Someone, should leave her, in a Mine Field...without a map! "Click, click!"

CB

Just watched him sing bits of Yesterday and Blackbird during his visit...his voice continues to...age.

I'm wondering if I could use that excuse... my voice is "aging"!! Yeah, that's it..... it isn't that I sing like crap...it's just that my voice is "aging"!!!!!!

I'm wondering if I could use that excuse... my voice is "aging"!! Yeah' date=' that's it..... it isn't that I sing like crap...it's just that my voice is "aging"!!!!!![/quote']

I think a lot of us can use that excuse![biggrin]

I think a lot of us can use that excuse![biggrin]

In terms of Pauls.... It's a voice that has seen numerous takes in the studio' date=' numerous concerts, and all the talking through normal communications. I would state his voice is in great shape for a seasoned veteran[cool']

Yeah well saw him last year at Boston's Fenway and he didn't miss a note.

Pretty good job for 60 something.

No disrespect intended' date=' but he strains for those high notes. I saw him in '06 and it was the best show I've ever seen. I grabbed a beer when he sang, "My Love". [biggrin

Archived