Gibson Brands Forums

I'll give this one 5 minutes...

CJW

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously guys, a lot of nice photo stuff has shown up for this thread.

I have a theory that at least a degree of talent in one art will reflect even in other "arts" one might do just for fun. A lotta these pix are quite good. I love digital because once one has an even half decent camera, you can take enough shots to learn what you like and what can be "good" to your own, and others' eyes.

OTOH, as for pix of girls and guitars ... I happen to like Karen's avatar. But then, as far as I'm concerned, any girl who plays guitar and knows horses has to be in the top .00001 percent of all human beings I'd most probably both like and respect. Oh - and did you notice that even the "junky" pix of her boots had nice photo composition??????? I did.

<grin>

m

CJW' date=' are you still waiting for your five minutes to be up?[/quote']

Hahaha, surprised is not the word.

Ofcourse, Axe666 and cookiedough are being very clever in swamping the thread with unrelated photos - it means no further discussion will take place except in between pictures of mostly blurred guitars and poorly exposed sunsets...

Tough crowd, tough crowd...[biggrin]

I don't really understand the hostility here, but it sure is fun to read! [lol]

As for the photo: I would have used another color for the background.

The model is very pale, and a white background doesn't offer enough contrast (IMO).

Freak show...

Actually there was a time when "high key" was kinda an in thing. Usually like an ice blonde magazine model with a white background and very light makeup....

m

Thanks for the info, milod. Now that I think about it, I have seen stuff like what you're talking about, but I didn't know that there was a particular term for it. I just googled "high key", and now I'm a bit better informed.

I still think a bit more contrast would have been better, but that's just my opinion. I guess I'm a "low key" kind of guy...

[biggrin]

Archived