Gibson Brands Forums

Have you noticed...

larryp58

that lately a lot of Gibson's customer service team members are active on the Forum. I really think thats great. I just hope they value our comments and criticisms and take it back to the upper "food chain" at Gibson. As we all are well aware, we love our Gibson guitars and we only want the company to produce the very best guitars it can. Through our comments, whether good or bad, is a very good tool for the "reasearch and development" guys at Gibson to use. I mean, where else would you look for criticism of your product except from the most loyal consumers? (that would be us!) Anyway, just a thought. And a big "thumbs-up" to the Customer Service members with us on the Forum.

that lately a lot of Gibson's customer service team members are active on the Forum. I really think thats great. I just hope they value our comments and criticisms and take it back to the upper "food chain" at Gibson. As we all are well aware' date=' we love our Gibson guitars and we only want the company to produce the very best guitars it can. Through our comments, whether good or bad, is a very good tool for the "reasearch and development" guys at Gibson to use. I mean, where else would you look for criticism of your product except from the most loyal consumers? (that would be us!) Anyway, just a thought. And a big "thumbs-up" to the Customer Service members with us on the Forum.[/quote']

I agree....if the upper management at Gibson don't review the comments made here, they should. I work for not only the most successful city transit bus manufacturer in the US, but I work for the ONLY profitable bus manufacturer in North America. When we deliver a bus, my guys visit the bus property to perform a "PDI", (Post Delivery Inspection), and everything a customer finds about the bus, good or bad is reported back to me. That report is read by the President and every single VP, Plant Manager, QA Manager, Engineering Manager, Purchasing Manager, Sales Manager....etc....etc....etc..... and they damn well better react to what the customer says about the bus. I've been there 30 years....and we've made money, (TONS of $), every year. It's all about good customer & good employee, relations.

Interesting that his thread is on here today, the day I return after a long absence (got locked-out and couldn't sign-on for months after the forums were changed). ...Anyway, speaking of Gibson service--------My Hummingbird is now almost six-years-old. Love the guitar. It's what a Gibson is supposed to be. About six months ago, through my own carelessness, I broke a tuner on it. No other damage, fortunately. I went up to Guitar Center to have them order me some tuners for a "bird." Just by chance, there was a Gibson rep in the store. He heard me talking to the guy at the counter and asked me if I had the guitar with me. I didn't, but since I live less than a mile away I went home and got it. He had a package of Grovers and he himself replaced the broken tuner and then gave me the other five. NO CHARGE! Kind of tough to beat service like that..........Yeah, like most of you, I get pretty tired of hearing the bashers going after Gibson. They do the same with Martin. They will bash Gibson and Martin:-({|= , no matter how good the guitars are. This is all they know. For me, I glad I've got my Gibsons and Martins. They're what a Gibson and Martin are intended to be: truly great instruments.

http://www.family-friendly-music.com/

... Just by chance' date=' there was a Gibson rep in the store. He heard me talking to the guy at the counter and asked me if I had the guitar with me. I didn't, but since I live less than a mile away I went home and got it. He had a package of Grovers and he himself replaced the broken tuner and then gave me the other five. NO CHARGE! ...[/quote']

Now that's a great story. Love to hear stuff like that. :)

Guest rogerb

Thanks Larry, we do read the posts and use the information to best serve our customers and maintain a high level of quality that our fans demand.

Archived