Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Sounds great clean. I did the distortion thing as P90s are known also as rock pickups, hence Pete Townsend at Leeds, and Pat Travers with his Les Paul special w/ P90s.

Cool, thanks. Any chance of you posting something with it in a cleaner mode?

Just curious. I thought it sounded Great, with what you were doing...just

would like to hear it, without all the gain/distortion, as well.

(Ignore the Youtube critics, they're a dime a million) ;>)

CB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called Sam Ash, and they wanted $1050 for it with tax and shipping, even though I don't live in CA.

Did you ask them about the free two day shipping? I paid $933 with 9.75% CA sales tax. I was going to get it for $849 shipped with no tax at MF but those fookers canceled me. I would go for it as they are extremely hard to get and you will be getting yours in two days to your door. TB and I went on the Sam Ash route instead of waiting for our GC pre order. We got ours did those with GC and MF pre orders get theirs yet? Don't wait for GC or MF, as they may not even have enough for all the pre orders. YOu can also go to your local Sam Ash and pay for it there and they will ship it to your local sam ash. They could do that.

Cool, thanks. Any chance of you posting something with it in a cleaner mode?

Just curious. I thought it sounded Great, with what you were doing...just

would like to hear it, without all the gain/distortion, as well.

(Ignore the Youtube critics, they're a dime a million) ;>)

CB

Sure, I will do it this weekend.

I just called Sam Ash, and they wanted $1050 for it with tax and shipping, even though I don't live in CA.

If there is a single Sam Ash store in the state where you live, you will have to pay the CA tax. Even then it would only come out to around $925 before shipping. Or at least that's what I was told by a guy at the Philly Sam Ash. Take it for what it's worth as he also said Gibson is well aware of how popular this is and to expect a price hike very soon. Whatever.

Well I'm passing along a good deed. Folks, I have first hand good news. Sam Ash, Hollywood CA just got another Gold Top in the box and one HOney Burst in stock as I speak. Call your local Sam Ash to have them drop ship it to your door. Its free 2 day shipping. Ask your local Sam Ash to arrange it. Its free Two day shipping folks!!! It seems like Sam Ash has been getting the first batch of shipments of these babies. Cancel your pre order and go the sam ash.

I just called and snaged the GT - Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to pay CA sales tax but I can live with that.

If there is a single Sam Ash store in the state where you live, you will have to pay the CA tax. Even then it would only come out to around $925 before shipping. Or at least that's what I was told by a guy at the Philly Sam Ash. Take it for what it's worth as he also said Gibson is well aware of how popular this is and to expect a price hike very soon. Whatever.

I didn't ask about free shipping, however it sounds like the guitar is spoken for. Thanks for posting the tip. Also There are no Sam Ash stores that I know of in CO.

Good point!!!

Pretty damn amazing that a sold out guitar can be bought off the shelf in a number of stores around the country. So, on with the show! Let's hear those, er, puppies!

Well, here is mine, but excuse the sloppy playing. I'm playing it heavy, as I like the sound of a tourtured P90 pickups, hence Pete Townsend and Pat Travers. It shows that this P90 single coil pickup can scream. You can hear the hum that is notorious for single coils.

I'm not too familiar with Sam Ash, as I have ordered in the past from AMS and MF (both of which cancelled my GT pre-orders) is there a corporate number I can call to order, or is it all direct through the stores?

You have a better chance of getting one if you call the stores directly, as those sales people can really push to get you a guitar. Sam Ash people are not like guitar center sales people. Try also Sam Ash in Atlanta, GA. Ask for Micheal.

Guys, no need to go to your local Sam Ash (if you have one though, couldn't hurt, they may have your guitar in stock, and you can just take it home! [thumbup]). Mine came from the Sam Ash in NYC, after I saw a post on the MLPF where a guy said he gathered from another store that they'd gotten a Gold Top that day. I simply called the NYC location after looking up the number on the net. The salesman who answered the phone told me they had one, I asked if they could ship, he said sure. CC info over the phone, no sales tax as there is no store in my State, he was going to charge shipping, but when I mentioned SA Direct doesn't, he said he'd knock it off and say they were price matching. $849 delivered FedEx (took about 3 days, wasn't the two day shipping mentioned but I didn't mind).

Did I cancel my pre-order? No. Until I heard back confirmation that GC now doesn't expect their shipment until later this month (and I don't know how well founded that expectation was) I was planning on that one being here this week too. I was kicking around putting mini humbuckers in it. Worst case I would've cherry picked between the two and sold the other. At this point i don't know what will happen, seems I have some time to consider the option, but I'm not going to cancel at least at this point. Waited too long, am certain I'm within the window of their orders (I was about #27 to order a Gold Top from GC, numbers I've heard they expect have gone from 30 to 36 to 38).

Some of the Sam Ash stores may now be trying to reserve their limited supply for locals, I don't know. Seems a likely thing, though they are in business to sell guitars, and I'd think a sale is a sale. I'd think they'd be thrilled to sell them all quickly.

Guys, no need to go to your local Sam Ash (if you have one though, couldn't hurt, they may have your guitar in stock, and you can just take it home! [thumbup]). Mine came from the Sam Ash in NYC, after I saw a post on the MLPF where a guy said he gathered from another store that they'd gotten a Gold Top that day. I simply called the NYC location after looking up the number on the net. The salesman who answered the phone told me they had one, I asked if they could ship, he said sure. CC info over the phone, no sales tax as there is no store in my State, he was going to charge shipping, but when I mentioned SA Direct doesn't, he said he'd knock it off and say they were price matching. $849 delivered FedEx (took about 3 days, wasn't the two day shipping mentioned but I didn't mind).

Did I cancel my pre-order? No. Until I heard back confirmation that GC now doesn't expect their shipment until later this month (and I don't know how well founded that expectation was) I was planning on that one being here this week too. I was kicking around putting mini humbuckers in it. Worst case I would've cherry picked between the two and sold the other. At this point i don't know what will happen, seems I have some time to consider the option, but I'm not going to cancel at least at this point. Waited too long, am certain I'm within the window of their orders (I was about #27 to order a Gold Top from GC, numbers I've heard they expect have gone from 30 to 36 to 38).

Some of the Sam Ash stores may now be trying to reserve their limited supply for locals, I don't know. Seems a likely thing, though they are in business to sell guitars, and I'd think a sale is a sale. I'd think they'd be thrilled to sell them all quickly.

Damn!! Two goldies and a honey..... I'm not worthy :)

Well, here is mine, but excuse the sloppy playing. I'm playing it heavy, as I like the sound of a tourtured P90 pickups, hence Pete Townsend and Pat Travers. It shows that this P90 single coil pickup can scream. You can hear the hum that is notorious for single coils.

If my cb shows I'll post some Vox, Junior, and Marshall tones. Are those single coils as hummy as a Strat?

FWIW - I called my local Sam Ash twice this week trying to get them to help me track one down without any luck. Two different sales guys promised to call me back but never did. Kudos to Adam @ SamAsh Hollywood for helping me land A GT on the other side of the country! Looks like another cancelled order for MF!

FWIW - I called my local Sam Ash twice this week trying to get them to help me track one down without any luck. Two different sales guys promised to call me back but never did. Kudos to Adam @ SamAsh Hollywood for helping me land A GT on the other side of the country! Looks like another cancelled order for MF!

Glad to hear you scored a GT from Sam Ash, Hollywood. Yes, Adam is a cool guy, so is Scotti. Good thing you called them before they closed today.

Glad to hear you scored a GT from Sam Ash, Hollywood. Yes, Adam is a cool guy, so is Scotti. Good thing you called them before they closed today.

I can't thank you enough! That was very cool! Adam was very helpful. ... and there is some real satisfaction in having the opportunity to return the favor to MF for cancelling my GT order. [biggrin]

Archived